[Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 1985 Maramu for sale

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hello Bob,

I don't think this should offend anyone, and I think it is the right place to let people know you are selling your Amel!!  But that's just me...

Cheers, and hope you find a good sailer to take care of Chara!

Ken
SV Aquarius
SM2K #262

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:11 PM, "bob.sarff@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I hope I'm not offending fellow Amel owners by this post.   I know that there are perspective owners who follow this site and wanted them to know that my wife and I are preparing to put our 1985 Maramu on the market and want to give them the first opportunity to own this fine but older yacht.  We've lived on Chara for 10 years and cruised the South Pacific, currently in Fiji.  If anyone is interested and would like additional information please contact me at bob.sarff@...

Respectfully,
Bob Sarff
S\V Chara

Bob Sarff <bob.sarff@...>

Thanks Ken .  I know that there are some who feel advertising of any kind is not appropriate for this site.  That’s why I began with that comment.

Bob

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:11 PM, "bob.sarff@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I hope I'm not offending fellow Amel owners by this post.   I know that there are perspective owners who follow this site and wanted them to know that my wife and I are preparing to put our 1985 Maramu on the market and want to give them the first opportunity to own this fine but older yacht.  We've lived on Chara for 10 years and cruised the South Pacific, currently in Fiji.  If anyone is interested and would like additional information please contact me at bob.sarff@...

Respectfully,
Bob Sarff
S\V Chara

Mark Erdos

From previous postings on this topic, I think the general consensus of the group is to allow a posting from a member at the time the boat goes up for sale.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us

[...]

Patrick McAneny

Bob, I agree with Ken,I see no problem with anyone mentioning that their Amel is offered for sale. This site is followed many many people that hope to purchase an Amel. I would feel differently ,if you were trying to sell miscellaneous items.
Good Luck,
Pat
SM123

[...]

Porter McRoberts

I am by no means offended. It could be the very best way to find a new member for our forum! And is not this forum designed to help Amel owners in every stage of ownership?

Please post. Sorry to hear of your sale and hope it goes smoothly and well for you

Porter
A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

[...]

Ian Park

Bob,
I think advertising things on this site is not what the site is about. BUT - I do think that letting folk know that you are selling an Amel is exactly one of the things this site should be for. There are folk who have joined because they’re are en route to buying an Amel, or upgrading from their current Amel or as AMEL,owners we may well be asked if we know of any for sale.
I hope others agree.

Hope your sale goes well.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96

Bob Sarff <bob.sarff@...>

Thanks Ian.  I’m glad to say mirrors what I’ve heard from others.

Bob