[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: mizzen furler failure

Beaute Olivier

Hello Ryan,

The black bushing is originally glued with polyurethane caulking compound. Silicone is not strong enough to resist the torque of the winch handle (nozzle).
The nozzle is attached to the drive shaft with an Allen machine screw (in the center). The connection between both parts is slot type.

Good luck.

Olivier

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 6 sept. 2018 à 17:10, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> a écrit :

All,

My recollection is that Olivier commented on this issue before and suggested silicone sealant (RTV).

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:52 AM Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

In the photo it looks as though there are threads at the end of the outer housing by the gear?  if so could they be stripped?

Just an observation
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin