[Amel Yacht Owners] Iririum Ext. Antenna coax connector

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

I would NOT put the Iridium GO antenna at the back of an Amel.

1.  Make the cable as SHORT as possible.  Every meter of cable is just more loss, and increased cost.
2.  Take a look at where we put our antenna...  Looks great, out of the way and cheaper shorter cable run.
3.  We put our Iridium Go in the cabinet above the sink with the helm cables and we always keep it on.

Take a look at the placement... in the video.....

Best,
Ken Powers
SM#262
Aquarius is currently in Tahaa Society Islands

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:54 PM, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I forgot what cable is on the Go phone , however this is the type of connector that I mentioned. A 5 minute job.
Fair winds,
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners Sent: Fri, Sep 7, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi ,
We mounted out Iridium on a platform between the Mizzen back stays.
This Iridium cable is very low loss cable and has worked flawlessly for the last 2 years on Kimberlite.
Fair Winds,
eric

On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 04:24 PM, Ken Powers sailingaquarius@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

[...]

Hi Pat,

I wish I more "internets" here in French Polynesia, maybe I could have convinced you to put it where I did.  It's working really well, and the cable length is only about 7 feet.  Low loss cable was so expensive, and yes, I also have the long expensive cable but decided not to use it.   I was also going to mount the antenna on the back above the solar panels, but then I thought the length of the cable would have about 1 dB of loss which would offset any gain due to the antenna placement.  So, I went the cheap and easy route...

Hope you enjoyed the video!! And yes that TUNA was big, but there is a bigger one yet to be broadcast.  Coming soon!

Take care!!!

Ken