[Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane


karkauai
 

Thanks Danny,
It looks like mostly rain in St Michaels MD and the northern Chesapeake.The docks at the boat yard Iin Cambridge are not adequate in anything more than a 2-3 ft storm surge.    Kristy was due to be hauled in two weeks, so I had her hauled yesterday instead.  

This storm will be devastating for  the eastern half of N and S Carolina.  I hope others have all gotten out of her way.


Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243


Alan Leslie
 

All the best Kent, I hope it goes well for you
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437


Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Thinking of you Kent.

Sincerely, Alexandre



--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 9/13/18, Kent Robertson karkauai@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 2:50 AM


 









Thanks Danny,It looks like mostly rain in
St Michaels MD and the northern Chesapeake.The docks at the
boat yard Iin Cambridge are not adequate in anything more
than a 2-3 ft storm surge.    Kristy was due to be
hauled in two weeks, so I had her hauled yesterday instead.
 

This storm will
be devastating for  the eastern half of N and S Carolina.
 I hope others have all gotten out of her
way.

KentS/V Kristy
SM 243


Patrick McAneny
 

Danny, The Chesapeake Bay will have little to no impact from the hurricane. Most damage will be limited to the N and S Carolina coastline and inland many miles. It is due to come ashore Friday, with tidal surge as high as 13 ft. on top of high tides and then large waves on top of that. We dodged that bullet, at my age I don't need the excitement . I feel for those in the way,the flooding will be bad. I guess you are in Alaska by now, enjoy your trip.
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123


-----Original Message-----
From: simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane

 
Hi Pat and others in the line. 
How are all you guys situated with that hurricane coming in. Feel for you all. Wishing you all the best.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 12/09/2018 04:24, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
Rick, Sorry about your deal, but get out of there. If you have not seen the latest forecast, they are predicting it to turn SW , maybe going S along coast before turning inland . So that brings it closer to Charleston . Don't waste time replying , but let us know how you make out with the storm ,when you can.
Be Safe and Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans


-----Original Message-----
From: rickgrimes1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] S/V Rascal

 

Hello Amel Friends,
With mixed feelings about selling, we recently asked you to identify anyone you knew who might be interested in buying Rascal.  Happily, we received a number of inquiries and had a contract soon thereafter. 
However, we couldn’t come to agreement on price and the buyer reneged.  So we are happy to keep sailing until a serious buyer comes along—perhaps referred to us by one of you.  Updated details about Rascal can be seen here.  
Rascal is berthed at the Charleston City Marina, SC though we are likely to leave tomorrow morning to flee the wrath of Hurricane Florence!
 
Rick and Linda Grimes
ASM2K #404
 
 




Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
 

Thanks Pat. Like you i feel for those in the path. We are in alaska having a ball.

To all amelians thst may be in the path. God be with you.

We pray for your safety.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 13 September 2018 at 23:50 "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Danny, The Chesapeake Bay will have little to no impact from the hurricane. Most damage will be limited to the N and S Carolina coastline and inland many miles. It is due to come ashore Friday, with tidal surge as high as 13 ft. on top of high tides and then large waves on top of that. We dodged that bullet, at my age I don't need the excitement . I feel for those in the way,the flooding will be bad. I guess you are in Alaska by now, enjoy your trip.

Thanks,
Pat
SM#123


-----Original Message-----
From: simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Wed, Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane

 
 
Hi Pat and others in the line. 
How are all you guys situated with that hurricane coming in. Feel for you all. Wishing you all the best.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 12/09/2018 04:24, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" < amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
Rick, Sorry about your deal, but get out of there. If you have not seen the latest forecast, they are predicting it to turn SW , maybe going S along coast before turning inland . So that brings it closer to Charleston . Don't waste time replying , but let us know how you make out with the storm ,when you can.
Be Safe and Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans


-----Original Message-----
From: rickgrimes1@... [amelyachtowners] < amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners < amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] S/V Rascal

 
 

 
Hello Amel Friends,
 
With mixed feelings about selling, we recently asked you to identify anyone you knew who might be interested in buying Rascal.  Happily, we received a number of inquiries and had a contract soon thereafter. 
 
However, we couldn’t come to agreement on price and the buyer reneged.  So we are happy to keep sailing until a serious buyer comes along—perhaps referred to us by one of you.  Updated details about Rascal can be seen here.  
 
Rascal is berthed at the Charleston City Marina, SC though we are likely to leave tomorrow morning to flee the wrath of Hurricane Florence!
 
 
 
Rick and Linda Grimes
 
ASM2K #404
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 
 

 


 


 


Mark Garver
 


We are down near Mobjack bay, up the Severn River and we had our boat hauled out yesterday to be on the safe side. We were hauling her in a couple of weeks anyway for a good bottom cleaning, so it all worked out. I hope everyone was able to get clear of Florence and the ones following.

Mark
SV It's Good
SM#105

On Sep 13, 2018, at 07:51 AM, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

 

Danny, The Chesapeake Bay will have little to no impact from the hurricane. Most damage will be limited to the N and S Carolina coastline and inland many miles. It is due to come ashore Friday, with tidal surge as high as 13 ft. on top of high tides and then large waves on top of that. We dodged that bullet, at my age I don't need the excitement . I feel for those in the way,the flooding will be bad. I guess you are in Alaska by now, enjoy your trip.

Thanks,
Pat
SM#123


-----Original Message-----
From: simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane

 

Hi Pat and others in the line. 
How are all you guys situated with that hurricane coming in. Feel for you all. Wishing you all the best.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 12/09/2018 04:24, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
Rick, Sorry about your deal, but get out of there. If you have not seen the latest forecast, they are predicting it to turn SW , maybe going S along coast before turning inland . So that brings it closer to Charleston . Don't waste time replying , but let us know how you make out with the storm ,when you can.
Be Safe and Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans


-----Original Message-----
From: rickgrimes1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] S/V Rascal

 



Hello Amel Friends,

With mixed feelings about selling, we recently asked you to identify anyone you knew who might be interested in buying Rascal.  Happily, we received a number of inquiries and had a contract soon thereafter. 

However, we couldn’t come to agreement on price and the buyer reneged.  So we are happy to keep sailing until a serious buyer comes along—perhaps referred to us by one of you.  Updated details about Rascal can be seen here.  

Rascal is berthed at the Charleston City Marina, SC though we are likely to leave tomorrow morning to flee the wrath of Hurricane Florence!

 

Rick and Linda Grimes

ASM2K #404

 

 











karkauai
 

Hi Alex,
Merci, mon ami.

I’ve been thinking about you too, as we discussed how best to proceed.  Fortunately it appears the storm is turning S away from us, but could have just as easily turned a bit N and charged right up the Chesapeake. 

We will get some rain and 20-30kt winds, at worst.  I hauled Kristy because dock isn’t adequate for more than 2 foot storm surge.  Her masts are already down for be painting.
Iris put her 95 y/o wooden catboat on a big mooring ball in a hurricane hole a few miles from StMichaels.  We should be fine.


Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Sep 13, 2018, at 6:38 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Thinking of you Kent.

Sincerely, Alexandre

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 9/13/18, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 2:50 AM


 









Thanks Danny,It looks like mostly rain in
St Michaels MD and the northern Chesapeake.The docks at the
boat yard Iin Cambridge are not adequate in anything more
than a 2-3 ft storm surge.    Kristy was due to be
hauled in two weeks, so I had her hauled yesterday instead.
 

This storm will
be devastating for  the eastern half of N and S Carolina.
 I hope others have all gotten out of her
way.

KentS/V Kristy
SM 243




Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Good morning Ken,

I was happy for you as well when I saw the intensity was decreasing from 4 to 2 and now 1.
During Ike (Sept 2008), it was only a Category 2, but the water rise 14 ft.
Excellent the masts were removed as they offer wind resistance…
During Irma, we concluded that their surface alone (all sails removed) were enough to knock down the boat.

Anyway, send a message once it is all good!
Sincerely, Alexandre



--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 9/13/18, Kent Robertson karkauai@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 4:14 PM


 









Hi Alex,Merci, mon ami.
I’ve been thinking about you too,
as we discussed how best to proceed.  Fortunately it
appears the storm is turning S away from us, but could have
just as easily turned a bit N and charged right up the
Chesapeake. 
We will
get some rain and 20-30kt winds, at worst.  I hauled Kristy
because dock isn’t adequate for more than 2 foot storm
surge.  Her masts are already down for be
painting.Iris put her 95 y/o wooden catboat on a
big mooring ball in a hurricane hole a few miles from
StMichaels.  We should be fine.

Kent RobertsonS/V
Kristy
karkauai@yahoo.comUSA
cell: 828-234-6819
On Sep 13,
2018, at 6:38 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:
















 






Thinking of you Kent.



Sincerely, Alexandre



--------------------------------------------

On Thu, 9/13/18, Kent Robertson karkauai@yahoo.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:



Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 2:50 AM





 



















Thanks Danny,It looks like mostly rain in

St Michaels MD and the northern Chesapeake.The docks at
the

boat yard Iin Cambridge are not adequate in anything
more

than a 2-3 ft storm surge.    Kristy was due to be

hauled in two weeks, so I had her hauled yesterday
instead.

 



This storm will

be devastating for  the eastern half of N and S
Carolina.

 I hope others have all gotten out of her

way.



KentS/V Kristy

SM 243