[Amel Yacht Owners] Grease for oil seals

Craig,

I suggest sticking with waterproof grease, unless you find out specifically what type of silicone grease Amel has been using lately in Martinique. There are many different kinds of silicone grease.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am going in install three new oils seals and a new wear bushing . I have for years been using wheel bearing grease,I have never had any leaks. However, I saw a mention of silicone grease being used. Would that be better ,is this what is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Bill - believe that was Pat#123's question.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Craig,

I suggest sticking with waterproof grease, unless you find out specifically what type of silicone grease Amel has been using lately in Martinique. There are many different kinds of silicone grease.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am going in install three new oils seals and a new wear bushing . I have for years been using wheel bearing grease,I have never had any leaks. However, I saw a mention of silicone grease being used. Would that be better ,is this what is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig,

My answer was appropriate.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Craig,

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Bill,
Your answer was wonderful - just not addressed to the person who asked the question.
Cheers

Craig,
Best,
CW Bill Rouse

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Craig,

Best,

CW Bill RouseOn Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Bill,
Yes, it was, but I didn't ask the question.
Cheers, Craig

Craig,
Best,
CW Bill Rouse
Admiral,

Craig,

Best,

CW Bill RouseOn Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Yes, Bill, an excellent answer, but I didn't ask the question. I think Pat did.
Cheers, Craig

--In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :
Craig,
Best,
CW Bill Rouse

Craig,

Best,

CW Bill Rouse

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123

Craig Briggs

How strange!  I wrote the post below yesterday because my first one had not appeared. Now, 2 days later they have both appeared. Oh well.
Cheers, Craig SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <sangaris@...> wrote :

Bill,
Yes, it was, but I didn't ask the question.
Cheers, Craig

Craig,
Best,
CW Bill Rouse
Admiral,

Craig,

Best,

Thanks,

Pat 

SM#123