[Amel Yacht Owners] Grease for oil seals

Craig,

I suggest sticking with waterproof grease, unless you find out specifically what type of silicone grease Amel has been using lately in Martinique. There are many different kinds of silicone grease.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am going in install three new oils seals and a new wear bushing . I have for years been using wheel bearing grease,I have never had any leaks. However, I saw a mention of silicone grease being used. Would that be better ,is this what is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Pat

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Bill - believe that was Pat#123's question.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

[...]

My answer was appropriate.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

[...]

Your answer was wonderful - just not addressed to the person who asked the question.
Cheers

CW Bill RouseOn Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am going in install three new oils seals and a new wear bushing . I have for years been using wheel bearing grease,I have never had any leaks. However, I saw a mention of silicone grease being used. Would that be better ,is this what is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Pat

SM#123

Craig Briggs

Bill,
Yes, it was, but I didn't ask the question.
Cheers, Craig

[...]

Yes, Bill, an excellent answer, but I didn't ask the question. I think Pat did.
Cheers, Craig

[...]

How strange!  I wrote the post below yesterday because my first one had not appeared. Now, 2 days later they have both appeared. Oh well.
Cheers, Craig SN68