C-Drive - water ingress oil level?

Rudolf Waldispuehl

I made the following observation with the C-Drive (OIL-level).

Maybe you have experienced the same/similar situation?

I changed shaft-seals and bearing in April 2018 and made about 150 hours on Engine since then.  At the beginning within the first 15-20 hours I discovered more oil (to the top) after pushing the engine on high refs for a while.

A small amount went over because the cap was leaking and not tightening very close. I was thinking it’s just the expansion of the oil, which got hot due to high refs..

After that from 20-150 hours the oil level staid constant between min/max and color was normal as usual so everything seemed correct.

Recently at around 160 hours the oil color was not so clear anymore but oil level remained the same. Oil is cloudy (very little milky) and the texture is still like pure oil.

I know and I’m quite sure that the situation looks like that the seals leaking and I got seawater ingress. That’s why the oil is a bit milky.

Any Idea why the oil level staid constant, so no rising oil level anymore?

Did the water ingress stopped somehow? If yes, how long can I go with this?

I think it is still necessary to haul out and change seals and oil as soon as possible.

What is your knowledge and experiences about water in the C-drive. How long I can wait and how fast is the c-drive irreversible damaged?

Would be great to get some comment from other experienced AMEL owners.

Thanks for advice

Ruedi

SY WASABI A54-#55