[Amel Yacht Owners] Is this the end of an era?

Bob Grey

Bill, yes I believe Amel has discontinued both the 55 and 64, looks like Renaissance 3 will be my first and last Amel ketch.

I think they are intent on building modern sloops from now on.ūüėĘ.

Bob Grey
Renaissance 3

On Monday, October 1, 2018, 13:53, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

I was just looking at http://Amel.fr  and was very surprised to see that only two models are listed, the 50 and the 64.

Has the 55 been officially dropped from production?  That would certainly explain why it is not on display at either the Newport nor Annapolis boat shows.

I really don't feel that the 50 or the 64 come from the same "genetics" as the Sharki, the Maramu, the Santorin, or the Super Maramu, despite superficial similarities in appearance. Certainly the 55 is a very different boat that any of the older models, but I can still follow a path to see where it came from.  I know things change, and I certainly do not pretend to understand the worldwide sailboat market, but still I feel like something is missing.

I certainly do wish Chantiers Amel well, but it seems they aren't building my boats anymore.

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

St Michaels, MD, USA

Alan Leslie

The 64 is still on the site....
I've emailed Amel to ask what the story is..and why ....
Let's see what they say....
Alan
Elyse Sm437
Baie de Carenage

I was told the last 64 has been sold.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018, 04:38 divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The 64 is still on the site....

I've emailed Amel to ask what the story is..and why ....
Let's see what they say....
Alan
Elyse Sm437
Baie de Carenage

Sv Garulfo

Does anyone know how many 55 and 64 were built?

Fair winds,
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Curaçao

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 05:46, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I was told the last 64 has been sold.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018, 04:38 divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The 64 is still on the site....

I've emailed Amel to ask what the story is..and why ....
Let's see what they say....
Alan
Elyse Sm437
Baie de Carenage