[Amel Yacht Owners] Replacing eng mounts

John Clark

Alan are you performing this work in the water or hauled out?

I think you can separate the c-drive from the engine cradle.  The c-drive will rest on the keel ballast while you lif the engine cradle.

If you release the clamps from the boot water will come into the boat....and the C-drive will still be attached to the keel and will not move.

No oil will leak out.

Joel Potter is in Lauderdale...perhaps if you buy him lunch he can meet with you and give you some pointers...or sail south and meet me in Martinique in a few weeks.  ;)

Regards  John

SV Annie
SM37
Prickly Bay, Grenada

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018, 4:20 PM bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All, I'm replacing the yanmar 4jh3-the eng mounts. It looks like I need to lift the eng frame 2 inches. There is a rubber boot that connects to the hull at the bottom of the C drive. If I disconnect the hose clamps at the top of that rubber boot will any oil spill out and will that allow me to lift the frame up.
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai SM 406
Ft Lauderdale