Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Toe pulley (headsail) [2 Attachments]

Mike Ondra

Hello to the many, like me, is search of the elusive toe rail pulley (aka headsail car drive pulley).

Inquiries to Maud at SAV Amel since August have yielded  the same response – €214 each, not in stock, don’t know when, but will put you on the waiting list.

Some have looked into machining from aluminum or printing in stainless steel…any luck?

I have looking into the Andersen Winch fixed line tender (aka Amel mainsheet traveler tender) as that is the same function and size. While pricey, it seems also to be unavailable…at least I have not been able to find one new or used. (Should be a marine salvage part.)

Has anyone found a source?

Thanks,

Mike Ondra

ALETES SM#240

Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:20 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Toe pulley (headsail) [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Kelly Ran included below]

Salut,

We have the same problem with one of ours.

I modeled the pulley, and we are having a test unit printed out of 316 stainless. (See attached.) My guess is that it will take a couple of iterations to get this part completely right. Will let you know how it turns out.

Kelly + Ryan

SM233 Iteration 

Boston

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 10:58 AM, jlm@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from jlm@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Bonjour,

On my Super Maramu 2000 I have the two pulley cracked ! (they are maked "AMEL")

Amel have no delivery time for this spare part .......

It seams that I am not the only one with this problem ....

Did any one of you solved this without AMEL part ?

Merci

JL MERTZ

Cottonbay.fr

Alan Leslie

Same with me...on the waiting list
Jean-Luc Mertz posted pics of a plastic pulley just recently, but no information about them.

Jean-Luc can you share some information about these pulleys?
Is it possible to buy them from you, or...?

I'm sure a lot of people like me would be interested.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437
Noumea

greatketch@...

Mike,

For the Andersen parts Mauri Pro Sailing either has them, or can get them if they are available from the factory.  Last time I looked (2 years ago?) they were available retail in the USA, not so much now!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Hello Alain,
A friend of me make me a prototype of the pulley in a technical plastic, it seems very, very fine, and with plastic NO corrosion is possible !
He test the pulley at 500kN ..

The probem with the AMEL pulley is the MEGA corrosion between the steinless steel and the aluminium.

This caused :
1-My first AMEL poulley was brocken in 3 parts !
2-My second AMEL poulley was not brocken BUT the steinless schaft was in bad condition ....

I am very angry after AMEL because the pulley is of poor quality that the piece is not available, cost for 2 pieces 500 or 600 euros ....

You can contact my friend, he will be happy to buy a cople of pulley
Bernard Ancelle
ANCELLE
Comboursière
38350 Saint Honoré
0607 490 415
0480 806088
ba@...

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Bonjour,
Merci for thr information,
JLuc on CottonBay

Alan Leslie

Merci Jean-Luc,

It seems like a good solution

Can you give me the email address again....yahoo doesn't like @

Please write it like           ba at abcde.com

Thanks again
Salutations
Alan
Elyse SM437
Noumea

---In amelyachtowners@..., <jlm@...> wrote :

Hello Alain,
A friend of me make me a prototype of the pulley in a technical plastic, it seems very, very fine, and with plastic NO corrosion is possible !
He test the pulley at 500kN ..

The probem with the AMEL pulley is the MEGA corrosion between the steinless steel and the aluminium.

This caused :
1-My first AMEL poulley was brocken in 3 parts !
2-My second AMEL poulley was not brocken BUT the steinless schaft was in bad condition ....

I am very angry after AMEL because the pulley is of poor quality that the piece is not available, cost for 2 pieces 500 or 600 euros ....

You can contact my friend, he will be happy to buy a cople of pulley
Bernard Ancelle
ANCELLE
Comboursière
38350 Saint Honoré
0607 490 415
0480 806088
ba@...