From: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:20 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Toe pulley (headsail) [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Kelly Ran included below]

Salut,

We have the same problem with one of ours.

I modeled the pulley, and we are having a test unit printed out of 316 stainless. (See attached.) My guess is that it will take a couple of iterations to get this part completely right. Will let you know how it turns out.

Kelly + Ryan

SM233 Iteration

Boston

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 10:58 AM, jlm@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from jlm@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Bonjour,

On my Super Maramu 2000 I have the two pulley cracked ! (they are maked "AMEL")

Amel have no delivery time for this spare part .......

It seams that I am not the only one with this problem ....

Did any one of you solved this without AMEL part ?

Merci

JL MERTZ

Cottonbay.fr

Alan Leslie

Same with me...on the waiting list
Jean-Luc Mertz posted pics of a plastic pulley just recently, but no information about them.

Jean-Luc can you share some information about these pulleys?
Is it possible to buy them from you, or...?

I'm sure a lot of people like me would be interested.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437
Noumea

greatketch@...

Mike,

For the Andersen parts Mauri Pro Sailing either has them, or can get them if they are available from the factory.  Last time I looked (2 years ago?) they were available retail in the USA, not so much now!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Hello Alain,
A friend of me make me a prototype of the pulley in a technical plastic, it seems very, very fine, and with plastic NO corrosion is possible !
He test the pulley at 500kN ..

The probem with the AMEL pulley is the MEGA corrosion between the steinless steel and the aluminium.

This caused :
1-My first AMEL poulley was brocken in 3 parts !
2-My second AMEL poulley was not brocken BUT the steinless schaft was in bad condition ....

I am very angry after AMEL because the pulley is of poor quality that the piece is not available, cost for 2 pieces 500 or 600 euros ....

You can contact my friend, he will be happy to buy a cople of pulley
Bernard Ancelle
ANCELLE
Comboursière
38350 Saint Honoré