Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Change of group ownership

John Clark

I would like to thank you for all the work maintaining the site,  internet administration is not an easy job.

Regards,  John

SV Annie
SM 37
Prickly Bay Grenada.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, 1:35 PM lji0041@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

To all mates:

Most of you know that I have been what Yahoo calls the "owner" (primary administrator) of the Amel Yacht Owners Group for some years. I assumed this position when asked by the original founder and "owner" of the group, Eric (Closereach).

I have really enjoyed our group and all of its members. Recently, I asked Bill Rouse to assume my position as I was struggling to keep it due to personal reasons. Bill graciously accepted. I will continue to be a member, but no longer "owner." Yahoo must have one person designated as "owner" for each currently maintained Yahoo Group."

Bill has been always helping me, as to others, and I am glad he took a step forward when I could no longer sustain properly my position.

I still keep my Amel Euros 41, based in Burriana, in the Spanish coast of the Mediterranean sea, although I currently live in Madrid. Hope to see you guys sometime, somewhere.

All the best
JL

Porter McRoberts

Agreed!!  Thank you both JL and Bill!

Porter
A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Oct 12, 2018, at 1:01 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Stephen Davis

Thank you JL for administering the group for all these years, and thanks to Bill for stepping up to take over this responsibility.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
KoOlina, Hawaii

On Oct 12, 2018, at 08:13, Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Thank so much for your great support and help.
This forum has been a wonderful resource over the years.
We know it is in good hand with Bill.
Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Change of group ownership
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, October 12, 2018, 12:34 PM

[...]

karkauai

Thank you for taking that position on and doing a great job, I might add!  Enjoy your respite.

And Bill, thank you again for all you do for this great group of Amelians.  It was a real pleasure to finally meet you, and all the other folks at the Rendezvous.

Kent & Iris
S/V Kristy
SM 243

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, October 12, 2018, 12:34 PM

[...]

Peter Forbes

I agree, what a contribution - this is an outstanding group.

Thank you Bill for so gallantly taking on this role.

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch