Topics

EPIRB mounting location

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

I bought an ARC GlobalFix Pro with the SeaShelter mounting bracket (the kind that auto-releases if the boat sinks).  It's designed to mount to a vertical part of the hull... aside from not having much of a good spot, I don't relish the idea of screwing into the hull.  Surely, some of you must own this same EPIRB.  Where did you mount it?  I'm thinking of rigging up a rail mount.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Vic Fryzel

Where did you end up mounting it?

Ryan Meador

Edited

Hi Vic,

One of our very clever crew members found a great spot for it.  Kelly built a sturdy mounting board with rubber feet and then the other crew member lashed the whole assembly to the mizzen mast above the outhaul winch.  It's out of the way, reasonably unobstructed, and much less likely to get released by a wave than a rail mount.  I've attached a photo.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA