[Amel Yacht Owners] Swivel Horns

Alan,

I thought it was a piece of hose. That said, see if you can get hose that is UV resistant.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018, 09:00 bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All, my swivel arms/Horns for the Genoa furler are all bent up, I don't have a problem getting new ones made up so my question is does anyone know where to get the rubber covers that go on the stainless rods.

Regards

Alan Grayson

SV Ora Pai SM 406

Ft Lauderdale

greatketch@...

Replaced ours last year, I'll confirm the answer they are hose.

When replacing them I considered using black rubber hose for UV resistance, but was worried about it leaving black marks on the mast paint.  I ended up using regular clear reenforced vinyl water hose figuring it was easy to replace if needed.

Just had them in hand the other day. A year later of mostly tropical sun, and they are still in perfect shape.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA.

James Alton

Clear reinforced hose is what was on my Genoa furler and it may well have been original. (31 years) The surface of the hose had turned brown and crinkly from the UV exposure so it looked nasty but it was not sticky and transferring to other surfaces.  I did note that there was some corrosion pitting of the stainless tube when I replaced the hose.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220