Topics

Main outhaul rope

Danny Simms

Hi All,
A little while ago a number of you posted on replacing the control line for the mainsail out haul. I remember dyneema was not successful. Can some one remind me of what type was the best.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

Alan Leslie

Hi Danny,

I tried all sorts and none worked until I used 12mm Vectran and that has been very successful for the past 4 years now..

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437

sharona246@...

Hi All

Here is the way AMEL advice to tight the rope:
To be able to stretch the line, furl the sail rather tight inside the mast and use the outhaul motor several time.

I changed this rope (delivered from AMEL) a few years ago and it works perfect until today.

Lior
AMEL 54, SHARONA