Cable routing 1988 Maramu 46

Graham Cresswell <grahamjcresswell@...>

Can anyone help me with an electrical problem in our 1988 Maramu 46 #240.

All the lights in the aft cabin have failed.  We checked all the bulbs,
of course! We have established that the problem is with the positive
cable as we have checked the negative (ground) cable and it has
continuity.
We've established that, if we get power to any one of the light
fittings, all will then work.

We can't work out how the positive cable gets from the circuit breaker
on the 12v panel and the first light in the aft cabin.  All the cables
are hidden.

If anyone has had this problem before or has access to a cable routing
diagram, I'd be glad of your experience.

Kind regards

Graham

Jamesby
Maramu 46 #240

Dom

Hi,
here is the diagram.
Best regards

rossny@mail.com

Yes, there was a breaker on the wall above the head installed by Amel in my 1989 Maramu, mine had an outlet installed with it on the same mounting plate if I remember correctly. The back of the breaker was exposed on my boat in the storage area and may have had the wires disturbed when using the storage bins, it may be a spade connector come loose. Most of the wiring going for to aft was contained in PVC tubing run behind the carpeting, you should see a bump running under the shelf or support against the hull under the hull insulating carpet. There is at least two runs / pipes and individual wires exit at various points for devices on eah side of the boat. Good luck, Ross (still in NY...hi all)