Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Hf installation

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Stephano.
The Tuner should be as  close as possible to the aerial so the lazurette is the place. Also the bottom insulator for the aerial should be above head height so you remove the risk of electric shock when transmitting. No  chance of an accidental hand hold.
Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 18/12/2018 20:52, "Stefano Biffi cptbiffi@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear all, I’m going to install a new ICOM hf, should be a 7100 with pactor available in Italy. I will install a 7 mt antenna starboard, close to the EMEK marine solar panel arch. My question is: did you install the tuner inside the stern lazarette or just inside the cabin? I’am wondering about the different humidity between the places.
Thanks for your time

Stefano Biffi
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Italy
(Dry dock Bocca di Magra river)

Dean Gillies

Hi Stephano,
You talk about a 7m antenna. Is that an isolated backstay or a whip antenna you are planning to use.
If it’s a whip, can you please share the model number?

I also agree with what the others have said, the tuner should be in the lazarette, with the minimum cable length between the tuner module and the antenna. This much I have learned recently :-)

Regards
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154

Stefano Biffi

Hallo, it’s a whip. The model I’m looking is Glomex PRA 703; but many similar are available also in the same brand.
THANKS all for the different suggestions and Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Stefano
N'EVEREST SM185
now in Italy

Il giorno 18 dic 2018, alle ore 12:44, trifin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Hi Stephanie,
You talk about a 7m antenna. Is that an isolated backstay or a whip antenna you are planning to use.
If it’s a whip, can you please share the model number?

I agree with what the others have said, the tuner should be in the lazarette, with the minimum cable length between the tuner module and the antenna.

Regards
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154

Dean Gillies

Thanks Stefano, buon Natale.

Massimo Vecchietti

...io ho isolato il paterazzo di destra e funziona benissimo con  accordatore e Pactor III
Max
SV Patchouli II
SM # 84