[Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Mark Erdos

James,

In the FILES section of the forum there are very detailed instructions. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/files/Dessalator%20Technical%20Info/

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 9:17 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Hello Friends - 

I am about to embark on changing the two membranes in my Dessalator Duo 60 (160L/hr).  I have Super Maramu 2000, #347.  

I am interested to hear of the experience others have had changing the membranes, any tips, difficulties, etc.  

I cannot seem to find any step by step instructions for membrane change elsewhere.  

Thank you!

James

SV Soteria

SM2K 347

James Cromie

Thanks Mark!  I did not realize the extent of the online library on the owners group!

-James

On Jan 7, 2019, at 7:49 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

In the FILES section of the forum there are very detailed instructions. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/files/Dessalator%20Technical%20Info/

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 9:17 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Hello Friends - 

I am about to embark on changing the two membranes in my Dessalator Duo 60 (160L/hr).  I have Super Maramu 2000, #347.  

I am interested to hear of the experience others have had changing the membranes, any tips, difficulties, etc.  

I cannot seem to find any step by step instructions for membrane change elsewhere.  

Thank you!

James

SV Soteria

SM2K 347

Mark Erdos

James,

You’re welcome. I also failed to mention Gary Silver did a very detailed pdf about changing membranes. I do not recall where it is on the forum (perhaps someone else can provide a link/location). He includes very detailed pictures. I like pictures.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Santa Marta, Colombia

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 9:57 AM
To: Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@... [amelyachtowners]
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Thanks Mark!  I did not realize the extent of the online library on the owners group!

-James

On Jan 7, 2019, at 7:49 AM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

In the FILES section of the forum there are very detailed instructions. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/files/Dessalator%20Technical%20Info/

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 9:17 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Hello Friends - 

Thank you!

James

SV Soteria

SM2K 347

mfmcgovern@...

Mark/James,

I'm not aware of the PDF you are referring to but there is a folder in the Photos section of the forum that has a bunch of great pics from Gary Silver and Bill Rouse called "Dessalator Water Maker Service" found here:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/1219017177

This forum is a treasure trove of great information.  It's just not always easy to find!

Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

Mark Erdos

Mark,

This is exactly what I was thinking about. There are some very good pics and diagrams. Thanks!

James,

When you undertake this project, the best advice I can give you is to label EVERYTHING. When it comes time to put the membranes in and put it all back together, it can get very confusing very quickly.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Santa Marta, Colombia

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 2:21 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Changing Dessalator membranes

Mark/James,

I'm not aware of the PDF you are referring to but there is a folder in the Photos section of the forum that has a bunch of great pics from Gary Silver and Bill Rouse called "Dessalator Water Maker Service" found here:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/1219017177

This forum is a treasure trove of great information.  It's just not always easy to find!

Mark McGovern

SM #440 Cara

Deale, MD USA