Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Auto Prop Bearings

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Mark;

Brunton’s factory in the UK has all of the required spares for the H-6. We purchased all parts for a complete re-build last year. Their pricing including shipping was better than the US distributor. You can always get them on the phone and they are all very helpful and knowledgeable and seem to have the AMEL hull numbers on file.

All wrenches and required tools are included in the maintenance kit and required for the rebuild.

Here’s the website for Brunton’s spare parts page. You need to scroll down to H6 for all available spares.

http://bruntonsshop.oxatis.com/autoprop-spares-c102x2839498

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

Date: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 5:58 AM

Hi Mark,
Were you successful in obtaining all
the parts you needed for the rebuild of the H6?  If so, can
you post the source and list of required
parts?
Is the spanner
wrench required for the rebuild?
Thanks,

Mark
IsaacSM 391, LuluPuerto Del Rey, PR

One more thing I would like to add to this thread for everyone that I trust is beneficial.

There is another US distributor. I am not sure what is going on with AB Marine and Brunton's, but AB did not share the booth at Anapolis with Brunton's. King Propulsion shared the booth. I know a lot of you have dealt with AB, but I believe that King Propulsion is the Official US Agent & Distributor...at least they say they are at https://kingpropulsion.com/ AND I see no such mention at AB Marine. Also, one of my clients had AB overhaul his AutoProp and one of the bearings was installed reversed, which caused a failure. BTW, King Propulsion diagnosed the problem via a photo I sent him. AB repaired the prop at no charge, but you all know the other costs in exchanging props.

King Propulsion is owned and operated by Dr. Roderick (Rod) Sampson Roderick.Sampson"at"kingpropulsion.com . I know Rod and believe he is an expert. Rod is a qualified Naval Architect, versed in propeller and hull form hydrodynamic testing, and a retired University Professor. Both Brunton's UK and King Propulsion are Amel School Preferred Vendors.

I hope this helps all of you.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2019, 5:58 AM

Hi Mark,
Were you successful in obtaining all
the parts you needed for the rebuild of the H6?  If so, can
you post the source and list of required
parts?
Is the spanner
wrench required for the rebuild?
Thanks,