Topics

Possible late Spring Amel Caribbean Rally

I would like to know what you think about having an Amel Caribbean Rally in 2019.

I would be happy to spearhead it and believe I might be able to get some discounts from marinas, marine vendors, and possibly restaurants. If we get enough participants, we might even quality for Tourism Board support from places like the BVI, St. Maarten, Martinique, St. Lucia, and Grenada. I know that the Tourism Boards have participated in past rallies by supplying transportation and tours which promote their islands.

As a participant in the Amel Rendezvous in the Chesapeak, I know how much fun these can be.

This email opens it up for discussion. Let me know if you are interested and/or if you can help put this together. Many of us probably have at least one contact in the Caribbean who could help.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

Arno Luijten

We are “permanently” based in Marigot, Saint Martin. Let me know if I can help in some way.

Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121

Miles

Hi Bill,

I am interested.  It sounds like a great plan.

I will be mostly in Martinique until the beginning of June when I will head north to Newport, RI.  As you know, there are a lot of Amels here.

Regards,

Miles

S/Y Ladybug, sm 216, Port du Marin, Martinique

Patrick McAneny

Bill, Diane and I would attend,depending on where and when.Ordered the water pump from Caribb Marine and said your hello to Sabin for you, she smiled,you devil. Hoping the pump will be in Wed.Thanks for the help on that.
Pat & Diane,
SM Shenanigans
Le Marin Martinique

Alejandro Paquin

Hello Bill,
I think it is a great idea, our Maramu is based in Venezuela, if we get and idea of the overall plan with dates included, we would seriously consider participating. Also the cost would be an important factor, in my opinion. Thanks for promoting such an activity. Maybe we can convince other Amel owners here to participate.
Alex Paquin
SIMPATICO
Maramu #94, 1981

Paul Osterberg

We would like to participate if place and timing work. We are in St Martin heading south. Probably laying up on Trinidad for the Hurricane season.
Paul and Kerstin on SY Kerpa SM 259

Gary Wells

We are also spending time in the Caribbean and would love to join up. Currently in the BVIs/USVIs but heading down to Martinique soon, then returning to BVIs.

If it's of interest to come this far north, I can ask a couple of businesses about 'sponsoring' us (although I don't know what that might mean...).

We've spent two winters here already and I have a couple of contacts.

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio

Duane Siegfri

We're headed south and if the timing works out would like to attend...sounds like loads of fun!

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477