Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Mark, as I said, I may have the wrong end of the stick, it appears I did.

Kind Regards

Danny

On 29 January 2019 at 09:45 "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny,

I am not suggesting any funny business. i.e. When Bill Rouse owned BeBe he was able to get an underwriter in the EU because the vessel was registered in the USVI. The same insurance company said they could not write in the USA. We have addresses in the USA, UK and Panama. We do not live at any of them. Ownership nationality has little to do with the policy. We are always very clear to explain in writing to the insurance company we reside on the vessel and the address given is for mailing purposes only. We have had one insurance company accept the marina as our address without issue. This is common practice for people residing on boats. And, the insurance company expects for the vessel to move within the limits of the policy.

In working with the independent Novamar agent, he was able to get Novamar to wave any requirements for a survey or rig inspection. This is NOT concealing anything. It is called negotiating the policy.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us