Topics

Painting boat S of Hurricane belt

karkauai

Hi All,
We need to have Kristy’s decks and cabin sides worked on. When I pulled the stainless steel trim around the windows off to remove the interior panels off for revarnishing, I found significant blistering of the gel coat under the trim.

We’ll be taking her S to Trinidad, Columbia, or Panama by this Spring and want to find a place to have a professional job done at a reasonable price.

Does anyone have experience in one of these venues? Is the work such that you would leave the boat with them for a few weeks while it’s being done, or would you want to be there the whole time?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Kent & Iris
SM 243
Kristy

karkauai

Thank you all for your replies. Sounds like Trinidad is the place to go. Steve, I do like the colors you chose and will probably mimic that on Kristy. Glad to hear the new nonskid is good, I was concerned about that.

Joel, you are always there to punch me when I’m about to do something I shouldn’t. I’ll make it a point to be there while the work is being done.

Again, thanks to you all!
Kent & Iris
SM 243
Kristy
Still in Hotel California (Ft Lauderdale) where you can check out but you can never leave. Ready to head for T & C next weather window.