From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 2:48:45 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Additional solar location?

Hi there

I’m considering removing my rear arch in favour of a much missed wind steering vane

Currently the arch holds a single 200W solar panel and a silentwind generator

I might see if I can pivot mount the 200w solar panel on the push pit side/railing on the quarter

I’m thinking of remounting the wind gen on the mizzen eventually but mean time adding a bit more solar instead.

Some flexi panels on the cockpit hard dodger is my current favourite location.

I’d be interested to hear if people have had much success with this or suffered too much shading from the boom etc.

Also how people have routed the wires for any solar panels installed on the dodger roof ?

All the very best
Miles
Maramu 162