S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Feb 14, 2019, at 6:49 PM, Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Thanks, Mark.

I hope it is simply a case of Mr. Poujeade being misinformed or not informed. From the emails I have seen, I believe he will soon be very informed if he chooses to read them.

I assume that he is a great guy, but I have never met him, talked with him, had a phone conversation with him, or an email from him until I received the same email you did. Additionally, no person employed with Amel, or in any way connected to Amel has ever communicated anything to me that was a request to change anything I was doing, or ever did.

Bill Rouse

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 5:14 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
I sent an email directly to Mr. Poujeade stating my support for Bill as a person and as an ambassador for Amel.  I have not yet received a reply.

The way Amel went about this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I just don't understand what they were trying to accomplish by sending that email to current Amel owners.  Clearly it was NOT to get Bill to "cease and desist" in using their name and/or logo since I nor any of the Amel owners that I know have the authority to get Bill to do that.  If they are concerned about their Intellectual Property rights or liabilities they should have communicated their concerns directly to Bill (or had their lawyers do that if they are too cowardly), not send out an email to Amel owners about their "concerns".  The only conclusion that I can draw is that they did it in an attempt to defame and discredit Bill in the Amel owners community.  Frankly, that is just a shitty thing to do to any Amel owner, let alone someone like Bill Rouse who has done some much for the Amel brand and for so many Amel owners throughout the world these past 13 years or so.

/RANT OFF

I do hope that this all works out OK in the end for you Bill.  Either way, you have my full support.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

[...]

greg greg

Hi Bill,
I support you activity for 100% and believe that any information exchange is great.
Please let me know how did you respond.

Thx,

GD
Amel54 Terral

14 февр. 2019 г., в 4:51, Bill Rouse <brouse@...> написал(а):

All,

You may have received an email from Emmanuel POUJEADE, Directeur général / General manager direction"at"amel.fr regarding Bill ROUSE. At this time I do not want to respond publicly to that email, but if you received it and want my response privately, please email me at bill"at"gmail.com

I think that most of you know that I love Amel and the wonderful yachts Amel produces. I have never met Mr. POUJEADE, but I believe he is a fine man and a great manager of Amel. Apparently someone has misinformed him about me. I am not going to comment further publicly, but will give you a copy of my response privately.

Bill Rouse
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Jim,

Thanks for your email. I have a disclaimer on the website that management of Amel agreed with in May 2018.

I just sent you my response.

Best,

Bill Rouse

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:10 AM Jim Anderson <capt.anderson@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

I had some concerns about this when you first started using the Amel School name for you product and started using their logo. In retrospect perhaps I should have mentioned something back then.

In any case I had some additional ideas that perhaps could be helpful but to make sure that they're not superfluous I think it would make sense if I saw your response to Amel first.

All of us who "know" you support you and understand that it is in everyone's best interest including Amel's, that we all have a harmonious relationship.

Having said that, I am thinking that a disclaimer and a new logo are likely in Amel School's future.

Sincerely,

Jim.

On Feb 13, 2019 10:51 PM, "Bill Rouse" <brouse@...> wrote:
All,

You may have received an email from Emmanuel POUJEADE, Directeur général / General manager direction"at"amel.fr regarding Bill ROUSE. At this time I do not want to respond publicly to that email, but if you received it and want my response privately, please email me at bill"at"gmail.com

I think that most of you know that I love Amel and the wonderful yachts Amel produces. I have never met Mr. POUJEADE, but I believe he is a fine man and a great manager of Amel. Apparently someone has misinformed him about me. I am not going to comment further publicly, but will give you a copy of my response privately.

Jim Anderson

[...]

I have sent off-group replies to those who have asked for it. Thanks.

Best,

Bill Rouse

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:18 AM Dimitris Krasopoulos <dkrasopoulos@...> wrote:
Dear Bill,

I read the letter send by Amel.

Please send me also a copy of your reply to the General Manager.
I am sure that they do not understood the importance of your knowledge in the technical issues of the Amel group.

Your help is invaluable to all Amel sailors.

Best Regards

Dimitris Krasopoulos
Mob:+306944302318

Στις Πέμ, 14 Φεβ 2019 στις 5:51 π.μ., ο/η Bill Rouse <brouse@...> έγραψε:
[...]

Keith Carter <keithcarter88@...>

Hi Bill

As you know I’m regretfully selling Guma, but ‘once an Amel owner, always an Amel owner ‘!
I treasure the time we spent on Malta but even more the advice you gave me directly and indirectly over the years. Advice you freely shared with literally hundreds of fellow Amelistas.
The old Yahoo group was a trove for us all, much of its content thanks to you. But it was really clunky to use and I for one was rather discouraged from active use. I was delighted but not surprised that you were behind a new and hugely improved Amel owner site. I was intending to thank you before Monsieur Uptight at Amel wrote his letter. He only reinforces my wish to express my appreciation.
Trying to see things from his perspective, he is rightly proud of his product and therefore jealous of his brand - an important asset of the company he runs. However, if he knew you I think he would embrace your efforts. If you wish I will reply to him, in French, in this vein.
Keep up the good work, Bill.

Kind regards

Keith

On 14 Feb 2019, at 03:51, Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

All,

You may have received an email from Emmanuel POUJEADE, Directeur général / General manager direction"at"amel.fr regarding Bill ROUSE. At this time I do not want to respond publicly to that email, but if you received it and want my response privately, please email me at bill"at"gmail.com

I think that most of you know that I love Amel and the wonderful yachts Amel produces. I have never met Mr. POUJEADE, but I believe he is a fine man and a great manager of Amel. Apparently someone has misinformed him about me. I am not going to comment further publicly, but will give you a copy of my response privately.

Bill Rouse
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Drew Gaffney

HI Bill,
I saw the notice tonight and sent Amel a letter disagreeing completely with their rude, ill-advised notice.
Sorry about it.  Somewhat proves the cynical expression "No good deed goes unpunished."
I appreciate  your help over the years.
See you in Houston this spring.
Drew