From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Cooper via Groups.Io <paul.cooper74@...>
Sent: 19 February 2019 02:01
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo D2-75 Repower

Any SMs with a Volvo D2-75 repower care to comment on their experience?  Good?  Problems? Power adequate?  How did you handle the galvanic isolation issue?

Thanks,

Paul C.
SM238 "Maracuya"
Martinique

Ian,

Maybe you "glossed over" the timing belt advantage. Without the timing belt, there is no timing belt change required.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 5:21 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi Paul,

 We have about 30 hours on our D2-75. Its a good fit. The guy who installed it originally worked with the Brit who designed the TMD22 so he knows both engines well. The TMD was designed for road use and then marinised whereas the D2-75 was designed as a marine engine. Neater and more accessible. No lack of power compared to the TMD22. It is marginally noisier as it is not belt driven. Wonderfully clean exhaust. I expect fuel consumption to be the same.
The secret switch used to interrupt the power to the switch board but now interrupts the power to the starter. Volvo insist  that this engine does  not need galvanic isolation  but I like the belt and braces approach of the original so will resolve that--pending that, I have fitted the Autoprop with the  zinc cap that Autoprop supply.

Early days, but we are very pleased.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece