Rubber caps for Lofrans switches

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Hi All,

A while back some of us were looking to replace the rubber caps on the switches that Amel had put on top of the Lofrans winches--without having to spend 14 Euros each for a new switch.

I may have found a source of equivalent caps   www.vital-parts.co.uk   a UK supplier of rubber and PVC caps. About £1 each !

We are in London,  not on board, so I can only guess at the correct dimensions--25mm diameter and 25mm height ? Is there anyone on board who can tell me ? Otherwise I will buy some and experiment.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

Ian Park

Ian
Just measured mine. I believe the Lorraine’s on the Santorin is the same size albeit a 12v version. My rubber caps are 30mm across the base and 20mm high.

Ian

Ian Park

Sorry Loraine should have read Lofrans. Should check the speak check before sending!

Thanks!

Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Ian <parkianj@...>
Sent: 19 February 2019 13:41
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Rubber caps for Lofrans switches

Ian
Just measured mine. I believe the Lorraine’s on the Santorin is the same size albeit a 12v version. My rubber caps are 30mm across the base and 20mm high.

Ian

smiles bernard

Hi Ian 
Does yours look like this
If so mine has a 20mm ID which is the critical dimension I think along with height 

My cover and it’s spare are now cracked so I have also been hunting for the spare and struggling. I have emailed Aquafax in the uk as they apparently supply BEP marine parts but I’m not actually 100% it’s the same piece as the specs are not clear on the BEP website. 
Looks like the vital parts covers are well worth a go!

All the best

Miles

On 19 Feb 2019, at 11:19, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Thanks!

Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Ian <parkianj@...>

Ian

Ian

Hi Miles,

The BEP one looks even closer to the original. They have a UK distributor. I might get a couple to try.
 Thanks!

Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard@...>
Sent: 19 February 2019 23:30
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Hi Ian 
If so mine has a 20mm ID which is the critical dimension I think along with height 

My cover and it’s spare are now cracked so I have also been hunting for the spare and struggling. I have emailed Aquafax in the uk as they apparently supply BEP marine parts but I’m not actually 100% it’s the same piece as the specs are not clear on the BEP website. 

All the best

Miles

On 19 Feb 2019, at 11:19, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Thanks!

Ian

Ian

Ian

smiles bernard

Hi Ian 
They sell in packs of 5 for £15 plus shipping of £7
But have to order them which takes 6-8 weeks 
All the best
Miles

On 20 Feb 2019, at 04:35, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,

The BEP one looks even closer to the original. They have a UK distributor. I might get a couple to try.
 Thanks!

Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard@...>

Hi Ian 

All the best

Miles

Thanks!

Ian

Ian

Ian

smiles bernard

I Meant to say ‘they’ being aquafax 
If you find another distributor that can do a quicker deliver I’d be interested  as 6-8 weeks is possibly not quick enough for me as I’m abroad and have family from uk visiting in 6 weeks 
All the best

Miles

On 20 Feb 2019, at 04:35, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,

Thanks!

Ian

Hi Ian 

All the best

Miles

Thanks!

Ian

Ian

Ian