Eumania dishwasher water inlet solenoid

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Edited

I just discovered a leak coming from the corroded water inlet solenoid at the base of the Eumenia dishwasher. By looking online I think I have found a replacement part on eBay from Calder Catering Parts.

SV40 straight universal water inlet solenoid 230V 3/4” BSP to 2x 11.5 mm

When it arrives I will let you know if/how it fits.

Derick Gates
SM2K#400
Brava
Currently in Le Marin, Martinique on dock 5

Mark Erdos

If anyone ever finds a drop in replacement for the Eumenia dishwasher, please post it.

I have repaired ours so many times. I am just waiting for the sad day when it finally goes to the appliance happy place in the sky. In the mean time we love having a dishwasher. It is perfect to run the dishes when the genset is fired up to do the evening charge on the batteries and running the AC to cool down the boat before going to bed.

I would also be curious if anyone has purchase a regular dishwasher, stripping out all the electronics and components and using them to build basically a new dishwasher in the Eumenia shell.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

I just discovered a leak coming from the corroded water inlet solenoid at the base of the Eumenia dishwasher. By looking online I think I have found a replacement part on eBay from Calder Catering Parts.

SV40 straight universal water inlet solenoid 230V 3/4” BSP to 2x 11.5 mm

When it arrives I will let you know if/how it fits.

Derick Gates
SM2K#400
Brava
Currently in Le Marin, Martinique on dock 5

Gary Wells

I just got a replacement 3 valve solenoid for our Eumania washing machine as well. 2 out of the three solenoids leaked, filling the tub with water .. Coincidentally, the manual shutoff valve had a small leak as well so we had to stay on top of it and always turn the fresh water pump off if we were leaving for any length if time (a habit we still like).

Anyway, the new valve has the same specs and fits perfectly; the only caveat was that it has the ''push-in-to-lock' type fittings rather than '''slip-on-and-hose-clamp' barbs. It requires an stiffer and slightly smaller hose so I'm going to have to MacGyver it a bit, methinks.  I'll be glad to have it solved.   Other than that, the 20 year old machine still works fine :)
.
Gary W.
S/V Adagio,. sm209
St. Thomas

Paul Cooper <paul.cooper74@...>

My dishwasher also has a continuous dribble from the inlet valve, presumably due to a defective solenoid valve.  We have to turn the water valve on to wash and turn it off at the end of the cycle to keep the washer from accumulating water.

So that's great news you found a possible replacement.  Please let us know if it fits.

Hey just noticed where you are!  Maybe my wife and I could stop by sometime?

Paul C.
SM238 Maracuya
LE MARIN ANCHORAGE, soon to be at dock