Topics

ANTI SIPHON VALVE INSTALLATION - YANMAR 4JH4-HTE

Alejandro Paquin

Hello to all,

Can anyone explain the best way to install an antisiphon valve on a Yanmar 4JH4- HTE engine? Pictures could also be helpful.

Alex Paquin

s/v SIMPATICO

Older Maramu 1981, Hull#94

Mark McGovern

Alex,

If no one answers this for you before this weekend, I will take and post some pictures of the anti-siphon valve installation on my Yanmar 4JH3-HTE.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Mark Erdos

Alex,

On Cream Puff’s install of the same engine: The anti-siphon is installed between the raw water outlet of the heat exchanger (black hose) and the elbow (yellow and black hose). The anti-siphon is mounted so the hollow bolt vents/drains into the cockpit scuppers. I attached pictures.

Anti-siphon 4JH4-HTE.JPGAnti-siphon mount position.JPGRear of heat exchanger.JPGSide view of anti-siphon and hollow vent bolt used to mount.JPG

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Can anyone explain the best way to install an antisiphon valve on a Yanmar 4JH4- HTE engine? Pictures could also be helpful.

Alex Paquin

s/v SIMPATICO

Older Maramu 1981, Hull#94

Mark McGovern

Alex,

Below are some pictures of the the anti-siphon setup on my Yanmar 4JH3- HTE engine.

Overview:

Exhaust Elbow Side:

Close Up of Vent Going to the Starboard Side Cockpit Drain:

Hope that helps you out.
--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

eric freedman

PS

On the upper right side of the u siphon there is a small hose that exhausts into the starboard scupper.

This breaks the siphon.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376