Topics

Wintering in Aegean

greg greg

Hi, everybody,
I suppose to leave my Amel 54 somewhere in Aegean Greece or Turkey for the next winter on the land.
Can anybody advise about safe and secure marina in the area with a crane of appropriate size?
Preferably not too far from the airport?

Thanks a lot!

luvkante

How about Berlin Airport? 

;)   Just kidding!

Martin
AMEL54 #149 „CHIARA“ 

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 22.02.2019 um 11:16 schrieb greg greg <41greg.marine@...>:

Hi, everybody,
I suppose to leave my Amel 54 somewhere in Aegean Greece or Turkey for the next winter on the land.
Can anybody advise about safe and secure marina in the area with a crane of appropriate size?

Thanks a lot!

Peter Forbes

I left Carango in Gouvia Marina - very safe and AMEL knowledgable people about.

Peter Forbes 
Carango AMEL 54 #035

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 10:39, luvkante via Groups.Io <luvkante=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

;)   Just kidding!

Martin
AMEL54 #149 „CHIARA“ 

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Hi, everybody,

Thanks a lot!

--
Best wishes
Peter Forbes
+44 (0) 7836 209730

Halidun Karagoz

Hi Greg,
I stay at Gokova Oren Marina, which is a fine place and about 45 minutes from Bodrum airport. Cheers,
Haldun
s/v Amanin A54 #164

-------- Orijinal mesaj --------
Kimden: greg greg <41greg.marine@...>
Tarih: 22.02.2019 13:16 (GMT+03:00)
Alıcı: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Konu: [AmelYachtOwners] Wintering in Aegean

Hi, everybody,

Thanks a lot!

Peter Forbes

Berlin airport is a good call too.

Peter

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 10:39, luvkante via Groups.Io <luvkante=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

;)   Just kidding!

Martin
AMEL54 #149 „CHIARA“ 

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Hi, everybody,

Thanks a lot!

--
Best wishes
Peter Forbes
+44 (0) 7836 209730

Gerhard Mueller

Since last year July I'm in Kalamata where also a SM2K is wintering here.
Nice Marina with all facilities. However in the wintertime not so much flights to and from airport Kalamata.
An express bus to Athen takes about 3 hours.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Mohammad Shirloo

We wintered in D-Marin in Didim Turkey, Lesvos Greece,  Kos Marina Greece and Gouvia Marina Corfu Greece . We found all of the marinas to be safe and friendly. However only Didim and Gouvia Marina had the facilities to lift us out of the water or space on the hard. Corfu is in the Ionian and not the Aegean, but it has many direct flights to many of the main European cities, especially outside  the winter months.

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of greg greg
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 2:16 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Wintering in Aegean

Hi, everybody,

Thanks a lot!

Craig & Katherine Briggs

Hi Greg,
    I'd highly recommend the Partheni Boatyard on the north end of the island of Leros. It's part of Agmar Marine which also runs the Lakki marina in the main bay.
The boatyard is immediately next door to the airport - you can walk over for regular flights to Athens at €41 on Olympic Air..
    They've got a 70 ton travel lift and a 55 ton crane and can easily handle your boat. The workers are highly skilled for anything you'd want.
Cheers,
Craig Briggs, SN68, Sangaris

@Sioned

I would recommend the Marina of Agios Nikolaos on Crete - if you can get a place there. We have a couple of Amel here, most afloat though.
It is one of the cheaper marinas in Greece with a lively town 100m from the marina. 1 hour to the airport of Iraklion (no direct flights during the winter, have to change in Athen). All services present.
Costs for being on the hard are the same as for being afloat but the marina is always full during the winter, so you have to book quite early.

Michael, SY SIONED, Maramu #148

ngtnewington Newington

I kept my last boat in Leros at Partheni for three or four winters. It is a good, tidy, secure, boatyard. There are no shops nearby but the yard has a reasonable chandlery. It is walking distance to the airport with daily flights to Athens.
They can cope with quite large yachts maybe up to 80 feet. They can undertake pretty much anything work wise but I always did everything myself so I can not vouch for their workmanship personally.

Nick
Amelia Aml 54 019 currently ashore in La Palma Canary Islands.

Massimo Vecchietti

I kept my boat in Samos  Marina for two winters. It is a good, tidy, secure, and cheap boatyard  .
Max
SM#84 Patchouli  II

Il giorno sab 23 feb 2019 alle ore 14:54 ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
I kept my last boat in Leros at Partheni for three or four winters. It is a good, tidy, secure, boatyard. There are no shops nearby but the yard has a reasonable chandlery. It is walking distance to the airport with daily flights to Athens.
They can cope with quite large yachts maybe up to 80 feet. They can undertake pretty much anything work wise but I always did everything myself so I can not vouch for their workmanship personally.

Nick
Amelia Aml 54 019 currently ashore in La Palma Canary Islands.