From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of eric freedman
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 9:38 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Time change on GPS satellite constellation worldwide

I heard that every 20 years the time is adjusted in the GPS satellite constellation.

I also heard that the adjustment will occur in April this year and might affect our GPS units and navigation items.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Mike Johnson

Hi,

The original GPS clock started on 6 January 1980 and rolls over every 1024 weeks.  The next roll over is on 6 April 2019.

Regards

Mike

Solitude
SM 246

On 26 Feb 2019, at 07:16, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I found this article

https://www.spirent.com/blogs/positioning/2018/january/gps-rollovers-week

I heard that every 20 years the time is adjusted in the GPS satellite constellation.

I also heard that the adjustment will occur in April this year and might affect our GPS units and navigation items.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Eric Freedman

Yes it does,

THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR OLD GEAR?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

I heard that every 20 years the time is adjusted in the GPS satellite constellation.

I also heard that the adjustment will occur in April this year and might affect our GPS units and navigation items.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Aras Grinius <n33077@...>

Not sure if this helps but I saw this on PANBO.

Aras Grinius
S/V Fiasco #163
Sharki

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Aras,

thanks for this. I wonder if it is a Y2K all over again.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 26 February 2019 at 22:49 "Aras Grinius via Groups.Io" <n33077@...> wrote:

Not sure if this helps but I saw this on PANBO.

Aras Grinius
S/V Fiasco #163
Sharki

Gary Wells

I haven't really investigated this just yet.  I'm hoping, as mentioned, that the older equipment will experience a minimum, non-navigational impact.
Also, it's possible that a firmwarue updatecould fix it as well.