Topics

54


james Hosford
 

Saw a 54 with s hard dodger and fiberglass arch. Both looked well done and wondered if they were maybe an option from Amel I've never heard abt. Not sure abt the look but think maybe not having canvas would be more practical . Wondered what everyones thoughts were?


 
Edited

You might want to take contact: Emek Marine for a 54 hardtop. Here is a photo of the inside of their 54 hardtop:

 For information or ordering, please email RIZA <cagdas@...>. For 54 clients of Amel School, there is a discount on this hardtop.


Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970



On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM james Hosford via Groups.Io <jay.hosford=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
Saw a 54 with s hard dodger and fiberglass arch.   Both looked well done and wondered if they were maybe an option from Amel I've never heard abt.    Not sure abt the look but think maybe not having canvas would be more practical .     Wondered what everyones thoughts were?




Dean Gillies
 

James,
i saw one in Leros last year. I understand they are not made by Amel. 

it seems quite functional as long as you are not a rather tall person. It is obviously more rugged than the canvas top. I think the idea is taken from the 55, but the 55 design is better in my opinion - I guess the 55 boom is maybe a little higher too?

I did not really like the aesthetic, but then many would argue that AMEL yachts are all about the triumph of function at the expense of form!  😜 

Cheers,Dean
SY Stella 
A54-154



james Hosford
 

Thanks Bill!


On Mar 2, 2019, at 9:24 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

You might want to take contact: Emek Marine for a 54 hardtop. Here is a photo of the inside of their 54 hardtop:
<image.png>
 For information or ordering, please email RIZA <cagdas@...>. For 54 clients of Amel School, there is a discount on this hardtop.


Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970



On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM james Hosford via Groups.Io <jay.hosford=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
Saw a 54 with s hard dodger and fiberglass arch.   Both looked well done and wondered if they were maybe an option from Amel I've never heard abt.    Not sure abt the look but think maybe not having canvas would be more practical .     Wondered what everyones thoughts were?




james Hosford
 

Yeah not sure abt that either but did like the idea of more durable and could mnt some flexible solar pannels up there


On Mar 2, 2019, at 9:33 PM, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

James,
i saw one in Leros last year. I understand they are not made by Amel. 

it seems quite functional as long as you are not a rather tall person. It is obviously more rugged than the canvas top. I think the idea is taken from the 55, but the 55 design is better in my opinion - I guess the 55 boom is maybe a little higher too?

I did not really like the aesthetic, but then many would argue that AMEL yachts are all about the triumph of function at the expense of form!  😜 

Cheers,Dean
SY Stella 
A54-154