Topics

DR or Turks and Caicos

Courtney Gorman

Hi all I’m looking for a good marina in either the Dominican republic or Turks and Keyko‘s for my travels back to the states from the Virgin Islands would appreciate any feedback thank you.
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
St Thomas
Independent Boat Yard

Ian Townsend

On Providenciales in the T&Cs, there is a nice upscale marina called Blue Haven.

A more reasonably priced option is Turtle Cove, also on Providenciales.

Both are well protected. You will need to get piloted in through the reef, especially for your first time. You will need car to get anywhere but there lots of services and shops.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Hi all I’m looking for a good marina in either the Dominican republic or Turks and Keyko‘s for my travels back to the states from the Virgin Islands would appreciate any feedback thank you.
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
St Thomas
Independent Boat Yard

James Cromie

Currently, blue haven has only been offering floating docks and without water or electricity.  This is as of February 4 when I was at TCI.  Instead, I stayed at Turtle Cove. It was $.55/ft daily rate and water/electricity was very reasonable.  It is shallow in places so make sure they give you an appropriate slip.
Definitely use their complimentary pilot service for entering. It is very circuitous and tricky.  Also, you may brush bottom at low tide.  I read ,2.2m at the shallowest point and that was half tide.

There are a few good places to eat within walking distance.

James
Soteria
Sm2k 347

On Mar 5, 2019 18:59, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Ian

On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks James

On Mar 5, 2019, at 6:28 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

[...]

Kelly Ran

We were quoted at $1.05 per foot at Turtle Cove yesterday. We ended up anchoring in the large vessel anchorage at Grace Bay. Coming in through Stubbs Cut, we saw a minimum of 4ft under the keel at high tide.

kelly + ryan
SM233 Iteration
Provo

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 18:28 Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Mark Erdos

Second vote for Turtle Cove on Providenciales, Turks and Caicos!!! As Ian said, be sure to take full advantage of the free pilot boat. It is a tight narrow channel with lots of reefs. Marina is very sheltered and offers great protection.

This is a big touristy island with a lot of resorts so there are plenty of flight choices.

The marina is not much to look at but it is centrally located. Walk to grocery and tons of restaurants. Car rental on site. Napa and hardware store also within walking distance. Or, use jitneys for about $3 to anywhere on the island.

Blue Haven is really nice but I don’t think they are fully operational yet due to damage from the hurricanes.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff