Topics

Updated Event: Amel Yacht Owners Rally - Martinique April 7 - April 13 - Sunday, 7 April 2019 #cal-invite

It really was a great time with lots of things provided by the sponsors. All of the sponsors want to do it again with the same or increased investment. The marina told me that they will sponsor a bus tour of Martinique next time.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019, 11:47 PM islandpearl2_sm2k332 <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:
Yes, agreed. We are so pleased to have been able to make it.

What a wonderful event and opportunity to meet Bill and so many other good folk we have been communicating with on the forum over the past 7 years from Australia.

In addition Island Pearl II won the lucky dip draw for one of Bill's extremely comprehensive yacht school Manuals last night.

What an excellent publication with such clear instructions and advice on every single aspect of maintaining and improving an Amel. Found it hard to put it down after dinner last night when I discovered it even covered so clearly a number of NMEA information accrdd tips we just happen to be grabling with right now in terms of linkage with OpenCPN.

Well done Bill and thank you all.

Colin & Lauren Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, SM#332
Martinique.

On Thu, 11 Apr. 2019, 15:47 Joe Nance, <cloudstreet100@...> wrote:
I would just like to say what a wonderful time Tracie & I had at last
night's Amel Rally/Mango Bay dinner!

Many thanks to Bill, Mango Bay & all of the sponsors who put on an
incredible feast & handed out some wonderful gifts.  I am only sorry
that I did not get to meet everyone there.

Tracie & I would like to make a trip to the L'Habitation Clement
grounds in the next few days if any of you are interested in sharing a
car with us.

I think is was a huge success & would think this is the truly the
'First' of many Amel Rally gatherings.  And it aint over yet!

Joe

On 3/19/19, main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar
<main@amelyachtowners.groups.io> wrote:
> Updated "Amel Yacht Owners Rally - Martinique April 7 - April 13" Event
>
> When:  Sunday, 7 April 2019 through Saturday, 13 April 2019
>

> Where: Martinique du Marin
>

> Organizer: brouse@... +1(832) 380-4970

> *Martinique*
>
> (
> https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qBP1UDLG0TU/XI-qVOtMndI/AAAAAAAAYSU/i-1o5hB8va0mkw0UfVzSE_y3zRbSA8JDQCLcBGAs/s1600/Marina%2BMarin%2Bfd%2Bblanc%2BRVB.jpg
> ) *7-13 April du Marin *
> *la Marina du Marin* is offering a berth package at 170€ per boat for 6
> days:
>    Berth from Sunday 7th April PM to Friday 12th April PM
>    Electricity included
>    Wifi 40Go (1 ticket of 40Go per boat)
>    Water is not included. The price water is 9€ per cubic meter.
>    A welcome gift from the marina
> To take advantage of this offer, you must reserve with the marina before 22
> March. Email: contact@... Phone: +596 596 74 83 83
> *Wednesday 10 April* - 1930 dinner at Mango Bay with a drawing for a haulout
> at Carenantilies Yard. Dinner sponsored by Caraibe Marine, Wine or Beer by
> Caribbean Yacht Sales. There will also be drawings for several of the "Amel
> Books."
> *Saturday 13 April * - St. Anne anchorage pot luck lunch/dinner
> * *
> *Optional stops meet & greet:*
> *Heading south to Martinique:* BVI- Virgin Gorda Anchorage at 18 30.3190 N
> 064 22.3573 W Mar 31- Apr 2
> St, Martin Anchorage or Marina to be determined April 3-5
>
> *Heading south from Martinique for hurricane season:*
> *Bequia Admiralty Bay* Anchorage Apr 22-24
>     - Tuesday April 23rd - Welcome drinks at the Frangipani Hotel (time to
> be announced)
>
> Grenada Anchorage and Marina to be determined Apr 28-30
> Chaguaramas, Trinidad (Tentative) May 2-???
>

>  I will keep you posted and will add to the website (
> https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/amel-eastern-caribbean-rally-2019.html
> ) when I have confirmation.

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

> [...]

> at Carenantilies Yard. Dinner sponsored by Caraibe Marine, Wine or Beer by
> Caribbean Yacht Sales. There will also be drawings for several of the "Amel
> Books."
> *Saturday 13 April * - St. Anne anchorage pot luck lunch/dinner
> * *
> *Optional stops meet & greet:*
> *Heading south to Martinique:* BVI- Virgin Gorda Anchorage at 18 30.3190 N
> 064 22.3573 W Mar 31- Apr 2
> St, Martin Anchorage or Marina to be determined April 3-5
>
> *Heading south from Martinique for hurricane season:*
> *Bequia Admiralty Bay* Anchorage Apr 22-24
>     - Tuesday April 23rd - Welcome drinks at the Frangipani Hotel (time to
> be announced)
>
> Grenada Anchorage and Marina to be determined Apr 28-30
> Chaguaramas, Trinidad (Tentative) May 2-???
>

>  I will keep you posted and will add to the website (

Joe Nance

[...]

Organizer: @billrouse +1(832) 380-4970

*Martinique*

(
[...]

Gary Wells

Adagio will be in Leverick Bay, North Sound, Virgin Gorda BVIs from 16th March to 31st March and would of course welcome any other Amel owners for meet-n-greet and maybe a lunch at Hog Heaven!

Gary W.
SM #209, Adagio
Tortola, BVI

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Amel Yacht Owners Rally - Martinique April 7 - April 13

When:
Sunday, 7 April 2019 through
Saturday, 13 April 2019

Where:
Martinique du Marin

Organizer:
brouse@... +1(832) 380-4970

Amel Eastern Caribbean Rally Rendezvous Location: Martinique

[...]

 I will keep you posted and will add to the website when I have confirmation.