SM main furler motor

Ian Townsend

I have a new Bonfiglioli MVF44 gearbox on order for our mainsail furler. Does anyone know the proper motor that goes with this? I've searched the database and can only find information on the SN with a different gearbox.

Thanks all.

Ian
SM153
Loca Lola II
Exumas, Bahamas

Ian,

I think you should ask SAV. Over the years, I believe there was more than one Bonfiglioli gearbox used by for Amel.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
I have a new Bonfiglioli MVF44 gearbox on order for our mainsail furler. Does anyone know the proper motor that goes with this? I've searched the database and can only find information on the SN with a different gearbox.

Thanks all.

Ian
SM153
Loca Lola II
Exumas, Bahamas

Ian Townsend

Thx Bill. I have done so, just awaiting response. I know the gearbox model/specs and have ordered it from the distributor in the US. Last time I communicated with Maude they did not have any stock. I'm really looking for the RPM and HP/KW and can match to the using dimensions I have from the Bonfiglioli catalog. I think it must be a fairly standard electric motor otherwise it would likely be sold together with the gearbox. But maybe I am wrong about this.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 22, 2019, at 5:34 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Ian,

I think you should ask SAV. Over the years, I believe there was more than one Bonfiglioli gearbox used by for Amel.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
I have a new Bonfiglioli MVF44 gearbox on order for our mainsail furler. Does anyone know the proper motor that goes with this? I've searched the database and can only find information on the SN with a different gearbox.

Thanks all.

Ian
SM153
Loca Lola II
Exumas, Bahamas

Let me know how it works out.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019, 4:52 PM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:
[...]

Mark Erdos

Ian,

A few years ago, I burned out the furling motor. I ordered a new one from Amel and keep the old one to repair one day. I just had it repaired in Colombia at an electric motor shop (US$60 – Gotta love Colombia). Here are the pictures of the original. Perhaps this will help.

Furling motor.JPG

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - San Blas Islands, Panama

www.creampuff.us

[...]

Image removed by sender.

[...]

Thanks Mark, EXACTLY what I needed to know. I owe you a tube of Molykote to put the cover back on!

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 23, 2019, at 12:33 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

[...]

<image001.jpg>

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

I have a new Bonfiglioli MVF44 gearbox on order for our mainsail furler. Does anyone know the proper motor that goes with this? I've searched the database and can only find information on the SN with a different gearbox.

Thanks all.

Ian
SM153
Loca Lola II
Exumas, Bahamas

Dan Taylor

Mark,
Can you provide the model number and company you purchased it from for the Bonfiglioli MVF44.

Also, what does the gear ratio for the main furler and outhaul furler need to be?  There are many on line that have gear rations from 20:1 to 55:1...not sure what I have on both.

Thanks,
Dan
SM 116
FlyGirl
San Diego, CA

Mike Ondra

Hi Dan.

I see you are SM#116 and looking at Bonfiglioli gearbox. We are Hull #240 with Leroy Somer MVA M33 gearbox but the reduction ratio should hold true depending on motor speed. Ours is 1:60 paired with a 3000 rpm motor.

Best,

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240 Chesapeake and Martinique bound

Can you provide the model number and company you purchased it from for the Bonfiglioli MVF44.

Also, what does the gear ratio for the main furler and outhaul furler need to be?  There are many on line that have gear rations from 20:1 to 55:1...not sure what I have on both.

Thanks,
Dan
SM 116
FlyGirl
San Diego, CA

Ian Townsend

I just took delivery for our Bonfiglioli unit. Lead time was several weeks.

MITCH SILVERMAN
DRIVETECH AUTOMATION, INC.
5401 NW 102ND AVE.  #146
SUNRISE, FL. 33351
TEL: 954-746-9800
FAX: 954-746-5509
WEBSITE: WWW.DRIVETECHONLINE.COM

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
US East Coast

On Sep 15, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Dan Taylor <svflygirl@...> wrote:

Mark,
Can you provide the model number and company you purchased it from for the Bonfiglioli MVF44.

Also, what does the gear ratio for the main furler and outhaul furler need to be?  There are many on line that have gear rations from 20:1 to 55:1...not sure what I have on both.

Thanks,
Dan
SM 116
FlyGirl
San Diego, CA

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Ian Townsend

VF44 P1 60 P63B14 B3

SPEED REDUCER, 60;1 RATIO, 63 FRAME, B14 FLANGE , CODE: 200480249

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
US East Coast

On Sep 16, 2019, at 12:08 AM, Ian Townsend via Groups.Io <smlocalola@...> wrote:

[...]

All,
An update below…
R/
Dan

I purchased the VF44 Gear Box and two sets of seals/bearing from Mitch at DriveTech Automation.  He was very helpful.  Attached is the parts list for the gear box and the sizes of the seals and bearings.  It took 1 week for deliver. I can send you the invoice if anyone desires.

Bonfiglioli VF44 P1 60 P63B14 B3

INPUT SEAL   25 X 37 X 7
OUTPUT SEAL  30 X 40 X 7
INPUT BEARING: 6301