From: Karl Paterson <karl.paterson@...>
Date: Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 10:07 AM
To: JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...>
Subject: RE: Mainsail drive replacement.

Hi John,

We can offer the following gearbox to suit.

1 x VF44P 70:1 P63 B14 B3                             $325.90 net + GST.

This is usually supplied as a raw aluminium finish however we can paint it using a two pot epoxy if you’d like. Allow an extra $45 + GST for this and 1 – 2 days for the paint to fully cure.

Parts available ex stock NZ.

For the DC motor, we’d need to know power, voltage and speed in order to offer a replacement.

Prices exclude GST and freight.

Please see attached dimensional info for reference.

Kind regards

Karl

From: Karl Paterson <karl.paterson@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 November 2016 at 4:14 PM
To: JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...>
Subject: Mainsail drive replacement.

Hi John,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding a replacement Bonfiglioli worm drive. If you can please provide photos of the gearbox as well as any motor details available I’ll have a look into what we can offer.

Kind regards

Karl Paterson | PT Application Engineer

SAECOWilson
88 Hastie Ave, Mangere Bridge,

PO Box 22 256, Otahuhu, Auckland, NZ
tel.
 09 622 8918  fax. 09 633 0074

mob. 029 294 0435
www.saecowilson.co.nz

Ian Townsend

John, did you use your existing electric motor? Or did you get a new one? If new, what was it ie. manufacturer and model?

Thanks.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Mar 22, 2019, at 4:24 PM, JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...> wrote:

Morning Ian

Below are the details of what I put in to my Santorin

The same gearbox goes in the mast and on the boom out haul

We had a second issue recently but found the aluminium peg that links the in mast foil to the gearbox had snapped so had a new one made by a local engineer from a hi tensile aluminium

The gear boxes have worked fine and were sourced from bonfigilioli in Auckland

Best

John Hayes
NGA Waka
Wellington
New Zealand

From: Karl Paterson <karl.paterson@...>
Date: Tuesday, 22 November 2016 at 4:14 PM
To: JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...>

Hi John,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding a replacement Bonfiglioli worm drive. If you can please provide photos of the gearbox as well as any motor details available I’ll have a look into what we can offer.

Kind regards

Karl Paterson | PT Application Engineer

SAECOWilson
88 Hastie Ave, Mangere Bridge,

PO Box 22 256, Otahuhu, Auckland, NZ
tel.
 09 622 8918  fax. 09 633 0074

mob. 029 294 0435
www.saecowilson.co.nz

<image001.jpg>
<VF44.pdf>

JOHN HAYES

Hi Ian

When we did the gear boxes we just did the brushes

However both the I mast furler and Genoa curlers died. The latter full of water the former was a short in the armature

Bugger!  So I have just had both motors rebuilt.  (We are heading in to the pacific early June)

The guy who dealt to the motors said he could build two new ones if I wanted but someone in the Amel group when I asked if anyone new a source for the motors response that I should just rebuild cause that’s what they did......so I followed that advice. I now have two completely rebuilt motors at  cost of $1100 NZ or about us$750

Best

John