Topics

Med Berth

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi All, We are looking for  a berth  for a sm2k in Majorca from June for 9 months, whilst we transverse to full time liveaboards.If anyone has or knows of one up for rent please pm me. Alternatively as close to Majorca as possible .
Regards

steve

Gerhard Mueller

Steve

Majorca is one of the most expensive places in the Med. Better look in Spain or Italy or Greece. Even the French Cote d'Azur is cheaper than Majorca.
The cheapiest place is however Tunisia e.g. Monastir where I got all services done for a very low price.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Steve,

I assume that you want in-the-water berth. If Sicily is OK for you, there are 2 marinas that have 7 months (October to end April) "winter berths" for less than 2,000 Euros. The 4 months prior to October are higher. I prefer di Ragusa below because the marina has several freshwater springs, which reduces the number of barnacles.

They are:
Marina di Cala del Sole
Corso Argentina, snc , 97027 Licata (ag) , Sicily, Italy
Tel:+39 0922 183 7137 Fax:+39 0922 183 7138 ,VHF Channel 74 (24 hrs)

Porto Turistico Marina di Ragusa
Via Livorno 28 , 97010 Marina di Ragusa , Sicily,Italy
Tel: +39 0932 230301 Fax:+39 0932 239466 ,VHF Channel 74

If you are interested in more information on these two marinas, or other places go to https://www.noonsite.com/Countries

If I can be of any other help, let me know.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 10:41 AM Gerhard Mueller via Groups.Io <carcode=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Steve

Majorca is one of the most expensive places in the Med. Better look in Spain or Italy or Greece. Even the French Cote d'Azur is cheaper than Majorca.
The cheapiest place is however Tunisia e.g. Monastir where I got all services done for a very low price.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Thanks Bill,
                   We are looking at various options so suggestions are most welcome i  just thought i would put it out there on the off chance someone may know or have something due to the fact our son works/lives in Majorca  and could look after her during our absence.
 Regards

Steve

Wolfgang Weber

If you look for Palma try La Lonja Marina. I paid 2.000 € per month in July/August. But if you need the place for months Valencia, near Barcelona or Alicante should be much cheaper.
If you don't sail for months go to Port Napoleone/France and put hear on the hard.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel

Jeroen jeltes

Hi Steve,  the marina's Masnou and Premia just North of Barcelona are very reasonable . close to Barcelona airport and  100M distance from Mallorca .

Jeroen Jeltes
Fidelis
Amel 54.

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi Jeroen,
                 Thank you for the information, we will look at these options, All going to plan and given we do not plan not be on the yacht June/July/august we may even consider placing her on the hard for these 3 months, we plan to sail around the Balearic's from sept-nov then back to SA to tie up things and back on board permanently from march/April.
Regards
Steve