Topics

Dessalator shuts down for no apparant reason

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

I have a Dessalator 100 Duo and have just installed a brand new CAT pump supplied by Dessalator (i.e. with the centre piston removed). I use the 24V motor. All seems to be working well except that now the watermaker shuts down for no apparant reason after about half an hour. The red warning light does not go on, and the breaker does not trip. If I restart it after a short while it shuts down again within a few minutes. If I leave it until the next day it runs for about half an hour then shuts down. I changed the pre-filter but still the same thing happens. This only started happening after about 6-7 hours of use after having installed the new pump.

I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced this problem and if so how it was fixed. .

--
Cheers
Paul

Arno Luijten

To me this sound like the thermal protection on the 24 volt motor is activated. Did you check the temperature of the motor?

Regards,

Arno
Sv Luna
A54-121

Arno,

Good advice, and explains why the red light did not come ON.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550