Topics

Pump running

Patrick McAneny

For over a month my water pump comes on for a second,every 15 minutes or so. I have not been able to find any leaks. I just thought of one possibility, a leak in a valve for flushing the membranes ,which is impossible to determine as the outlet is at the waterline. A second possible cause I was think of is the water pump,and this is my question.Can a water pump have an internal leak allowing water to flow back to the tank,thus reducing the pressure and kicking on the pump?
Thanks,
Pat
SM#123
Christmas Cove,USVI

Mark Erdos

Pat,

Sorry, can’t help with the leak but thought you’d find this a good read since you are anchored there: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-09-03/this-couple-dropped-everything-to-open-a-pizza-boat-in-the-caribbean

Also, Sasha tells a really entertaining story about how they came to be on this podcast: https://www.sailloot.com/sail-loot-podcast-021-pizza-%CF%80-vi-a-pizza-sailboat-in-paradise/

Enjoy!

With best regards,

Mark