Topics

Changing engine bearings Amel Mango Perkins 4.236

Frederic F

Hello everyone, hello amelowners,

we are new to this group and have a problem with our Mango, we want to change our engine bearings on the Perkins 4.236 because they are still the first ones and the engine is quite noisy. Does anybody have an idea where to get some spare or how we can easily manufacture some similar parts for replacing the old ones?
Maybe someone replaced his bearings already. I have attached a picture of one of the bearings.

Thank you very much and all the best.

Frederic Fießer on Mango No. 14

Conn Williamson <connwilliamson@...>

I did a couple of mine a few years ago now. I just took the the whole lot to an engineering shop. There is a big round rubber inside that square.

On Thu., 18 Apr. 2019, 6:02 pm Frederic F, <fgf@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, hello amelowners,

we are new to this group and have a problem with our Mango, we want to change our engine bearings on the Perkins 4.236 because they are still the first ones and the engine is quite noisy. Does anybody have an idea where to get some spare or how we can easily manufacture some similar parts for replacing the old ones?
Maybe someone replaced his bearings already. I have attached a picture of one of the bearings.

Thank you very much and all the best.

Frederic Fießer on Mango No. 14

Beaute Olivier

Hello Frederic,

these mounts were custom made by AMEL, from a home made steel frame and 6 rubber mounts with machine screw (steel).
The steel parts are probably in good condition. What you need to order (from AMEL) is the 5 small and one big rubber mounts that are bolted in the steel frame, and that you can see on the attached picture (Mango too). The big one is located under the vertical stud.

Viel Spass!

Olivier

On Thursday, April 18, 2019, 11:34:18 AM GMT+2, Conn Williamson <connwilliamson@...> wrote:

I did a couple of mine a few years ago now. I just took the the whole lot to an engineering shop. There is a big round rubber inside that square.

On Thu., 18 Apr. 2019, 6:02 pm Frederic F, <fgf@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, hello amelowners,

we are new to this group and have a problem with our Mango, we want to change our engine bearings on the Perkins 4.236 because they are still the first ones and the engine is quite noisy. Does anybody have an idea where to get some spare or how we can easily manufacture some similar parts for replacing the old ones?
Maybe someone replaced his bearings already. I have attached a picture of one of the bearings.

Thank you very much and all the best.

Frederic Fießer on Mango No. 14

Frederic F

Hello Olivier,

thank you very much for your hint. We asked AMEL for the rubber mounts. Seems like if they can deliver them. The only thing we still didn‘t figure out is how the central big rubber is fixed to the bottom of the mount. Is there maybe a screw? Probably we will see how it works, when the mount is disabled. But would be nice to have an idea in advance.

Danke dir!

Frederic

James Alton

Frederic,

  My Amel is a Maramu but the mounts look like they are the same as yours.  On my boat the center rubber mount is fastened with a nut and peening.  The center rubber mount has a stud protruding on one end and this passes through a hole in the bottom of the steel mount as shown in the photo below:

My engine bed was drilled to make room for the nut on the bottom of the steel mount.

This is the top part of the steel mount and the center rubber mount.

Best of luck with your project,

James

On Apr 18, 2019, at 5:29 PM, Frederic F <fgf@...> wrote:

Hello Olivier,

thank you very much for your hint. We asked AMEL for the rubber mounts. Seems like if they can deliver them. The only thing we still didn‘t figure out is how the central big rubber is fixed to the bottom of the mount. Is there maybe a screw? Probably we will see how it works, when the mount is disabled. But would be nice to have an idea in advance.

Danke dir!

Frederic

Arlo

If you can forward the contact details and what you nwed to order ro me plwaae it would help me out a lot. This is a project on my list as well to do soon.
Thanks Arlo
1985 Mango
Seaduction

Frederic F

Hello James,

excellent that are the pictures I was looking for! Thank you very much.

All the best,
Frederic

Ellen Cahill

Hi Frederic,

Did amel supply these parts for you? I'm hoping to replace the same mounts in the coming weeks as the engine is out of our Mango.

Thanks,
Ellen

Arlo

I would also like to know as well.