D3-110i-c

Denis Elborn

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to replace my timing  belt and would like to know the dimensions of the counter hold tool so that I can make one before leaving Australia for Greece, also the size of the crankshaft nut would be useful.

Denis and Julie
Aventura A54-113

Martin Bevan

We have had the timing belt changed twice, once in New Zealand, 2,200 hours and recently in Spain, at 2,250 hours. There special Volvo tools for this, in NZ the Volvo engineer hired them in from Volvo NZ specifically for the job which lead me to believe that there was something about them that made them difficult to fabricate. Sorry not to be more helpful, you are probably better equipped than me to do the job.

Martin Bevan
Caduceus AMEL 54 #56

On 23 Apr 2019, at 08:28, Denis Elborn <delborn@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to replace my timing  belt and would like to know the dimensions of the counter hold tool so that I can make one before leaving Australia for Greece, also the size of the crankshaft nut would be useful.

Denis and Julie
Aventura A54-113

Denis,

Maybe the attached will help you.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 1:28 AM Denis Elborn <delborn@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm planning to replace my timing  belt and would like to know the dimensions of the counter hold tool so that I can make one before leaving Australia for Greece, also the size of the crankshaft nut would be useful.

Denis and Julie
Aventura A54-113

Denis Elborn

Thanks Bill but the tool I need fits onto the crankshaft pully so that you can remove the crankshaft bolt allowing you to remove the crankshaft pully which gives you access to the timing belt not the drive/alternator belt.

Do you have any info on that?

Regards, Denis

On 24 Apr 2019, at 1:22 am, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Denis,

Maybe the attached will help you.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 1:28 AM Denis Elborn <delborn@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm planning to replace my timing  belt and would like to know the dimensions of the counter hold tool so that I can make one before leaving Australia for Greece, also the size of the crankshaft nut would be useful.

Denis and Julie
Aventura A54-113

<Pages from Amel School Book Special Tool D3.pdf>