Topics

Toe pulley

jlm@jlmertz.fr

It posted some month ago a post abour "Beranrd" TOE PULLEY.

I had tested his pulleys and they seemed to work properly.

After the first tests I am obliged to note that they slip as soon as the load increases.

A modification is being tested ... not easy .... will keep you informed ...

Jean Luc on CottonBay

Alan Leslie

Jean Luc,

Are you using Vectran ?..and have you retensioned it after some time and getting wet ?
I have had success so far, but no really tough wind yet to do a good test.

Best
ALAN
Elyse SM437

Alan Leslie

Jean-Luc,
I have seen the same issue today....it doesn't hold, even though I tested at the dock, with water and re-tensioning, all seemed OK.
I already ordered a set of stainless pulleys from Mark McGovern which i believe have arrived already.
next visit to Elyse will see them installed.
Best
Alan
Elyse SM437

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Hello Alan,

I use dyneeman (from AMEL),

For 6 month ago I tensioned It very strong .... it work to 30 kn wind ... but after 6 month it is not able to maintain 100kg tension ....

I thing we must absolutely ad some cavils ....

JL MERTZ on Cottonbay

Le 09/05/2019 à 11:19, Alan Leslie a écrit :
Jean Luc,

Are you using Vectran ?..and have you retensioned it after some time and getting wet ?
I have had success so far, but no really tough wind yet to do a good test.

Best
ALAN
Elyse SM437

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Alan,

Do you have an Idea of the price of the Stainless pulleys ?

Would it be possible to buy this ?

Merci

Jean Luc

Le 11/05/2019 à 09:35, Alan Leslie a écrit :
Jean-Luc,
I have seen the same issue today....it doesn't hold, even though I tested at the dock, with water and re-tensioning, all seemed OK.
I already ordered a set of stainless pulleys from Mark McGovern which i believe have arrived already.
next visit to Elyse will see them installed.
Best
Alan
Elyse SM437

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Alan Leslie

Hi Jean-Luc,
I paid USD 446 for 2 sets of pulleys (same as the Amel alloy ones, but in stainless steel) including shipping to Australia.
Mark McGovern makes them.
Contact him on mfmcgovern@...
Best
Alan

Red1 Stella SM359

Jean Luc,

I have installed the SS units on Stella, they work fine and I would recommend them.  These are well made and definitely worth the price.

Regards,

Redouan Assar
SM359 Stella

On 13 May 2019, at 06:34, Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Hi Jean-Luc,
I paid USD 446 for 2 sets of pulleys (same as the Amel alloy ones, but in stainless steel) including shipping to Australia.
Mark McGovern makes them.
Contact him on mfmcgovern@...
Best
Alan

Alan Leslie

Sorry, I see we still have this email issue...
mfmcgovern at gmail dot com
Cheers
Alan

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Super,

Thank you I will contact Mark ...

Merci

Jean Luc

Le 13/05/2019 à 05:34, Alan Leslie a écrit :
Hi Jean-Luc,
I paid USD 446 for 2 sets of pulleys (same as the Amel alloy ones, but in stainless steel) including shipping to Australia.
Mark McGovern makes them.
Contact him on mfmcgovern@...
Best
Alan