Topics

Pasarelle on 54

How have 54 owners replaced the hand rope?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

Dimitris Krasopoulos

I have not yet replaced it

--
Best Regards

Dimitris Krasopoulos
Dubai Mob: +971 564602575
Greek Mob:+306944302318

Arno Luijten

Hi Bill,

If all goes well I can tell you later today. They are going to replace the Opacmare passerelle today after 4 months in repair (!). In the meantime, here is a picture of the ends of the rope.

Regards,

Arno

Peter Forbes

Dear Arno,

Can I communicate with you by e- mail on your passerelle as I have a bad problem with mine.
I am on ppsforbes’at’gmsil.com.

Peter
Peter Forbes
AMEL 54035
La Rochelle

On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 14:01, Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

If all goes well I can tell you later today. They are going to replace the Opacmare passerelle  today after 4 months in repair (!). In the meantime, here is a picture of the ends of the rope.

Regards,

Arno

--
Best wishes
Peter Forbes

Arno Luijten

Hi Bill,

The rope is held by grub-screws into some stubs that sit on either end of the passerelle and at the ends of the poles the raise the rope when the passerelle is extended. Part of the rope has elastic shock-cord inside. If that is worn out I think you can only order a new one as the end-pieces on the rope are non-removable.
There is a Opacmare dealer in the US if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Thanks, Arno. Keep me posted.

On Sat, May 11, 2019, 2:05 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

The rope is held by grub-screws into some stubs that sit on either end of the passerelle and at the ends of the poles the raise the rope when the passerelle is extended. Part of the rope has elastic shock-cord inside. If that is worn out I think you can only order a new one as the end-pieces on the rope are non-removable.
There is a Opacmare dealer in the US if I remember correctly.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Wolfgang Weber

Hi Bill,
The rope for the Opacmare pasarelle is very expensive- 350 Euro.
I was lucky to find a new ( part 9324994926) on Ebay for 200 Euro.
Next time I will try to built a rope myself using a protection for sheets( 5 $/ft) and put inside a rubberline and small dyneema.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54#162 Annapolis

Wolfgang,

Thanks for the information. eBay is always a source to check, and you got lucky.

What happened to the world? You're in Annapolis and I am in London (for a few days).

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 5:35 PM Wolfgang Weber via Groups.Io <webercardio=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill,
The rope for the Opacmare pasarelle is very expensive- 350 Euro.
I was lucky to find a new ( part 9324994926) on Ebay for 200 Euro.
Next time I will try to built a rope myself using a protection for sheets( 5 $/ft) and put inside a rubberline and small dyneema.
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54#162 Annapolis

Peter Forbes

Bill,

In London - hell - Vicky and I are  in Rio so we missed you.

Peter

Peter Forbes
The Old Rectory
Farnham