Seagull spigot (things that make you go hmmm)

Thomas Kleman

Never thought to do this before (and wish I hadn't). Test of galley faucet water- 187 ppm (tank filled from watermaker only), test of seagull spigot with 1 week old filter- 210 ppm. And those filters aren't cheap. Two different meters confirmed this as did switching the meters.

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Thomas,

my understanding has both readings well within acceptable limits

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 19 May 2019 at 10:49 Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

Never thought to do this before (and wish I hadn't). Test of galley faucet water- 187 ppm (tank filled from watermaker only), test of seagull spigot with 1 week old filter- 210 ppm. And those filters aren't cheap. Two different meters confirmed this as did switching the meters.

Possibly the filter requires 10-20 minutes of flow to flush out preservatives. Most do. Did you do this?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us