SM Chain Counter Update

Thomas Peacock

Success with getting the chain counter to work, not working since we bought the boat 9 years ago. The problem was a bad sensor by the windlass. Even though the replacement was not identical it did work. Please note this applies only to the LaRochelle installed counter with he orange sensor and digital display with the Amel logo.

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240 Aletes
Rock Hall, Chesapeake Bay

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Thomas,

Where did you source the new sensor from?

Derick
SM2K #400
Brava

Thomas Peacock

It is sensor IB 5072, made by IFM.  I bought it in the US from Radwell; however, IFM is a German company; if you are in the EU you might be able to buy directly from IFM or a European distributor.

Tom Peacock
Aletes SM #240
Rock Hall, Chesapeake Bay

On May 23, 2019, at 3:41 PM, Derick Gates <derickgates@...> wrote:

Thomas,

Where did you source the new sensor from?

Derick
SM2K #400
Brava

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello, if this helps anybody.
On Amel54 with autoanchper chain counter I replaced first with original sensor, which was dead after 1year.
Then I used a Meanwell reedswitch embeded in hot glue and shrinktube as replacement, works fine now.