Topics

SSB circuit breaker

Derick Gates

Does the SSB circuit have a fuse, in addition to the circuit breaker?  My circuit breaker green button will no longer stay depressed, as if there was no power in the circuit.

Derrick,

An indication of a short. If there were no power, it will stay depressed.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:38 PM Derick Gates <derickgates@...> wrote:
Does the SSB circuit have a fuse, in addition to the circuit breaker?  My circuit breaker green button will no longer stay depressed, as if there was no power in the circuit.

Gary Silver

My SSB is a 12 VDC unit.  The boat is a 24 volt system.  The SSB circuit breaker is for the 12 VDC power supply that is mounted on a removable board on the aft wall of the cabinet below the nav station (i.e. the partition between the hanging locker and the nav station cabinetry).  The fault causing your breaker to trip can be of three sources:
1.  A faulty circuit breaker
2.  A fault in the power supply if your boat has the same as mine
3.  A fault in the SSB or the wiring between any of these.

Good luck in your trouble shooting.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Puerto Del Rey Marina, Fajardo, Puerto Rico