Topics

Genua Electric furler

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Hello everyone
After my genoa had wrapped around itself several times because the engine did not stop, my genoa now only turns in one direction, unrolling.
In the bath I can hear a click on pressing the switch in the cockpit. I have already exchanged the cables and used a different switch. Always with the same result. It just works in one Direktion.
Does anyone know advice?
I would be grateful for a recommendation.

Heinz quetzal SM2000 292 from Huhahine Polynesia

Genoa Furling Solenoids on SN & SM are located on the opposite side of the breakers in
the photo below.
image.png
Note the black "thumb bolt" in the above photo. If you remove this thumb nut,
the entire panel on the reverse side will detach for ease of working on it.
Here is a photo of the solenoids which are on the removable panel mentioned above:
image.png
On the bottom of each of the Genoa Solenoids there is a
rubber cap with a push knob underneath. If you push, you should hear the motor
rotating (as long as the Genoa breaker ON). If pushing the rubber cap does not
engage the motor, possibly your problem is with that 24 volt solenoid.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.