Topics

Jib Stay Guide inside Furler

Steve Bode

HELP. Where do these go?! I'm sure they go in the Jib furler, but I missed putting them in!

IMG_3344.jpg
IMG_3345.jpg

I was sure that I would not miss how they went back in, but sure as s&%# I did! The furler is now back together and on the stay. I'm prepping to remove the stay and turnbuckle in anticipation of having to remove the furler to put these guys back in where they are supposed to be.

Steve Bode, Captain of Sailing Vessel Intention
Currently Drydocked at ANT Yat Servis
Bodrum Marina Teknik Servisler
Neyzen Tevfik Cad. No. 5
48400 Bodrum, Mulga, Turkiye

Amel Super Maramu #117 (1994)
+1 415-710-6659 voice/text/whatsapp

--
Steve Bode
Capt. SV Intention

Steve

I refer to those as swivel stay bushings, but I am not sure if that is the correct term.

During reassembly, those two plastic pieces are to be inserted around the forestay wire when it has been put in place in the swivel. Insert those plastic parts from the top of the swivel, on each side of the wire. This procedure is in my Amel Book and was contributed, in part, by Jonas & Annsofie Svanberg, owners of the very well maintained SM #232 "Lady Annila."

image.png
Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 3:41 AM Steve Bode <Whatsup@...> wrote:
[...]

I made a typo...see the revised:
I refer to those as swivel stay bushings, but I am not sure if that is the correct term. During reassembly, those two plastic pieces are to be inserted around the forestay wire when it has been put in place in the gearbox. Insert those plastic parts from the top of the gearbox, on each side of the wire.

Sorry about that. I answered your query on Facebook correctly.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 9:29 AM CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io <brouse=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Steven Bode - SV Intention 1994-SM#117

Thanks, Bill!
I got a little confused about your terminology. I usually think of the "furler swivel" as the piece that connects to the head of the sail and is hauled up by the halyard. That said, your description roughly matches another respondent's comment that it goes in the top of the "furler gearbox". So, I'm assuming that these do not go into the "furler", the flat, round piece that is basically a large pulley that a line goes in for manual furling. These go into the top of the "furler gearbox". I'll soon see and post some pictures.
-Bode

--
Steve Bode, Sailing Vessel Intention
Amel Super Maramu #117 (1994)