James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Jun 15, 2019, at 9:57 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

The easiest way to avoid the airport hassle or immigration constraints is to purchase a fully refundable one-way return airline ticket within the visa dates. Once you are in your location, refund the ticket.

If you time the purchase correctly, you will not even have to pay for the ticket on your credit card since it can be refunded within the same billing cycle.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brent Cameron
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:38 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Greek Cruising Tax

  • Hi James. My wife Jen and I are in a similar situation right now.  We flew out of Pearson but we were on Azores Airlines. We’re flying back out of Vienna on TAP so no cross linkages at all. Nobody in the EU seems to care how long we were there for as we were never asked how long we were staying and we crossed into and out of the EU and Schengen zone many, many times (Azores - flight, UK - flight, Austria - flight, Romania - flight, Austria - flight, Hungary - car, Slovenia - car, Italy - car, Croatia - car, Bosnia - car, Croatia - car, Montenegro - car, Croatia - car, Bosnia - car, Croatia - car, Bosnia - car, Croatia - car so far :-).   The passports get stamped with an entry and exit date every time but no “visa” or restrictions. I’m guessing they’d give you grief only if you over stayed your welcome. The Europeans are far more organized than the US, Canada or UK in that they also do exit checks and demand that hotels and B&B’s report your presence on a nightly basis.   There are signs as you enter Croatia and Montenegro that say as much but frankly they aren’t very uptight about any of it. Gazillions of tourists here and it’s going to get far worse in July/August so I suspect they have far better things to do than hassle you. Air Canada shouldn’t care on the outbound leg and if Austria didn’t care about any of our one way Ryan Air tickets in and out (being Uber efficient Germanic types) I can’t imagine you’ll have any issues anywhere else. I saw the same thing flying into Lisbon and Barcelona on TAP last fall.. I had an outbound ticket on Ryan Air to Stansted but they never even asked about it.  Good luck!

Brent
On Jun 15, 2019, 11:09 AM +0200, James Alton via Groups.Io <lokiyawl2@...>, wrote:

Mohammad and Aty,

   Thanks for taking the time to provide the email address for Chris.  I have added this to my Greece file and will be contacting Chris soon.

   I do have another question to anyone that can help.  We have round trip tickets  via Air France out of Canada to Italy. The arrival and departure dates are more than 4 months apart while the Schengen limit is 90 days.   We plan to spend sufficient time outside of the Schengen in Croatia, Montenegro  (or possibly Turkey) to avoid exceeding the 90 day limit.  I was told by another traveller who wanted to fly to into France with Air Canada that with an departure/return flight covering more than 90 days that he was forced to change his return ticket to a date that did not exceed the 90 day limit.  Has anyone else come up against this problem and if so what would be the best solution?  My tickets are non-refundable.

Best,

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Jun 15, 2019, at 3:45 AM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi James;

Sorry for the late response. I was waiting to receive the e-mail address from Chris’s office. The e-mail address is corfu@...

Let me know if you need any further information

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099