Topics

Mystery piece! #Yahoo

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Greetings all,
I have put this to you in the past but will try again with the new members. I had some work done on the bow thruster when I first bought the boat. This was left behind in the forward cabin upon my return a few months later. You will notice a brass threaded hole to accommodate plastic knob of which I have a few extra. Thanks for your time.

tfortner1975

Is that the piece that sits on the forward bulkhead just aft of the bow thruster? On the Santorin there is a small piece of wood similar to that, we remove it to gain better access to the thruster area.

On Jun 4, 2019, at 9:09 AM, Chuck_Kim_Joy <clacey9@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
I have put this to you in the past but will try again with the new members. I had some work done on the bow thruster when I first bought the boat. This was left behind in the forward cabin upon my return a few months later. You will notice a brass threaded hole to accommodate plastic knob of which I have a few extra. Thanks for your time.
<B64B6E92-A3CA-4578-A88C-EBADB01E1883.jpeg>
<9C8E863A-E679-41CC-9D84-50ED4755B430.jpeg>

Chuck_Kim_Joy

good guess but that piece is in place.
Thanks
Chuck
Joy #388
Carriacou

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:26 PM tfortner1975 <tfortner1975@...> wrote:
Is that the piece that sits on the forward bulkhead just aft of the bow thruster? On the Santorin there is a small piece of wood similar to that, we remove it to gain better access to the thruster area.

On Jun 4, 2019, at 9:09 AM, Chuck_Kim_Joy <clacey9@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
I have put this to you in the past but will try again with the new members. I had some work done on the bow thruster when I first bought the boat. This was left behind in the forward cabin upon my return a few months later. You will notice a brass threaded hole to accommodate plastic knob of which I have a few extra. Thanks for your time.
<B64B6E92-A3CA-4578-A88C-EBADB01E1883.jpeg>
<9C8E863A-E679-41CC-9D84-50ED4755B430.jpeg>

Chuck_Kim_Joy

The piece of wood is not finished for show (like cabinet doors). Utility piece I believe.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:30 PM Chuck_Kim_Joy via Groups.Io <clacey9=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Mark McGovern

I'll bite!  Is it the piece that holds the Climma control box circled in RED in the picture* below:

*Picture courtesy of Alex from Nikimat.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Mark

I think you are right.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019, 12:49 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
I'll bite!  Is it the piece that holds the Climma control box circled in RED in the picture* below:

*Picture courtesy of Alex from Nikimat.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

Chuck_Kim_Joy

equally good guess but no enchilada. Thanks for playing and your time. Keep em coming.
Regards
Chuck

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:49 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
I'll bite!  Is it the piece that holds the Climma control box circled in RED in the picture* below:

*Picture courtesy of Alex from Nikimat.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

Gary Wells

hmmm... my first thought was that it might be the cover that sits up to hide the wiring behind the shelf just aft of the Nav Station.  Mine is 'sorta' that shape .. and a different color .. but it's the only place I can think of where a thin piece like that is set. ...

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio

Maryland, USA

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Behind the area where the original radar would have sat? Yes alot of wires. Doesn't look like it would fit. It has two rubber dampening pads plus a threaded knob lock. Seems like it would sit horizontal. A true mystery.