Topics

Microwave - general comments

David Vogel

Greetings Stefano,

When we ‘updated’ the unit on-board when we purchased, we replaced it with an LG brand microwave with fan-forced resistive heater, but the microwave part of it was not able to run on the inverter. And it was unwise to use the conventional / fan-forced oven side of things, because the clearance around the unit were not big enough to provide adequate airflow, and the woodwork on the right-hand-side of the unit (plus behind), got uncomfortably hot. So we never used it in conventional/fan-forced mode. It was a waste of money to pay for the extra functionality. And then we accidentally fried it when we ran it for too long on 60Hz shore-power – fine for 60 seconds for coffee, but not 12 minutes for rice.

We reverted to a ‘basic’ microwave-only unit from Panasonic, which as it’s own internal inverter, and it works fine on the boat’s inverter. Model: NN-ST651W, although we would have preferred the NN-ST651B (B for black) model , which is what we thought we’d ordered.

David&Leanne
Perigee, SM#396, Panama

On 3/6/19, 5:14 am, "Stefano Biffi" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io on behalf of cptbiffi@...> wrote:

Dear all, after 20 years my microwave ARTHUR MARTIN ELECTROLUX MG2012 gave up. Thanks to excellent service I need to find a new one. Any suggestion for a quality model available in Europe?
Ciao

Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Italy

Stefano Biffi

Thanks David, I’ll ck in internet what’s available. I hope to find same size for the attachment

Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Olbia Sardinia Italy

Il giorno 5 giu 2019, alle ore 09:54, David Vogel <david.vogel@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Davi Rozgonyi

Just as a semi-random aside, when the microwave that came with Wake finally gave up the ghost, we replaced it with several nice deep baskets for various veggies and sauces. We realized we always cooked pretty much the amount needed, and if in desperate times, reheating in a pot or some small, thin-walled metal tiffins in the oven actually worked fast and great. Super nice to have the extra storage space...