Hi Jose
I would buy you 2 sets if you have another batch ordered
Brgrds
Gerald Bassin
Jetlag
SM113

On 10 Jun 2019, at 04:12, Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas@...> wrote:

Dear friends:

After I bought Ipanema 10  years ago we had two years of struggle trying to prevent the leak of water through the bow thruster.  About 8 years ago we had a long discussion on this forum about the bow truster seals which I had changed several times following all the recommendations given by Amel, including adding a third bottom donut seal to increase the pressure.  It was all at no avail.  So, before our transatlantic on 2012 I came up with a brute force solution adding an extra removable sealing system that was wrapped around the shaft and had to be secured after the bow thruster was fully retracted.  This worked very well during the trans Atlantic passage (not a single drop of water) and gave me the security of knowing that in addition of the sealing effect, the shaft was being held by one redundant mechanism. 
As we came back to Boston, we kept using the method but it became very inconvenient to mount and dismount the contraption every weekend when we left and came back to Constitution Marina.
My interpretation of the problem was that due to uneven wearing of the surfaces that guide the bow thruster up and down motion, it resulted in a misalignment between the shaft and the sealing surfaces.  This misalignment  caused a small deviation  of the shaft from the centerline which pushed the lip seal sideways and, because the Amel recommended seals are made of a hard material, it opened a point of water entry. 
I proceeded to test my hypothesis and ordered two special seals made of silicone from a soft seal manufacturer (SSP Inc).  It took several months to get them due to the small number of units I ordered (just 2) but, after I installed them three years ago, I had no more leaks and my bilge has been dry ever since.  The cost for the two seals was $72.50 and, more importantly I have not had to change them or the donut seals since I installed them. I have checked them and the donut seals and they are all still in good shape.

As I am preparing Ipanema for our long term cruise, I am ordering a few spares to carry with me and I will be happy to order some extra ones for any body that wants to try them.

I missed taking pix before installation but here are pictures of them installed, before and after adding the top donut.

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

<UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17976.jpeg><UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17977.jpeg> 

Gerald Bassin

Hi Jose
I would buy you 2 sets if you have another batch ordered
Brgrds
Gerald Bassin
Jetlag
SM113

On 10 Jun 2019, at 04:12, Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas@...> wrote:

Dear friends:

After I bought Ipanema 10  years ago we had two years of struggle trying to prevent the leak of water through the bow thruster.  About 8 years ago we had a long discussion on this forum about the bow truster seals which I had changed several times following all the recommendations given by Amel, including adding a third bottom donut seal to increase the pressure.  It was all at no avail.  So, before our transatlantic on 2012 I came up with a brute force solution adding an extra removable sealing system that was wrapped around the shaft and had to be secured after the bow thruster was fully retracted.  This worked very well during the trans Atlantic passage (not a single drop of water) and gave me the security of knowing that in addition of the sealing effect, the shaft was being held by one redundant mechanism. 
As we came back to Boston, we kept using the method but it became very inconvenient to mount and dismount the contraption every weekend when we left and came back to Constitution Marina.
My interpretation of the problem was that due to uneven wearing of the surfaces that guide the bow thruster up and down motion, it resulted in a misalignment between the shaft and the sealing surfaces.  This misalignment  caused a small deviation  of the shaft from the centerline which pushed the lip seal sideways and, because the Amel recommended seals are made of a hard material, it opened a point of water entry. 
I proceeded to test my hypothesis and ordered two special seals made of silicone from a soft seal manufacturer (SSP Inc).  It took several months to get them due to the small number of units I ordered (just 2) but, after I installed them three years ago, I had no more leaks and my bilge has been dry ever since.  The cost for the two seals was $72.50 and, more importantly I have not had to change them or the donut seals since I installed them. I have checked them and the donut seals and they are all still in good shape.

As I am preparing Ipanema for our long term cruise, I am ordering a few spares to carry with me and I will be happy to order some extra ones for any body that wants to try them.

I missed taking pix before installation but here are pictures of them installed, before and after adding the top donut.

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

<UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17977.jpeg> 

Dan Taylor

Jose,
I am would like to buy 2 seals when you place the order. 

Dan
SV Flygirl

On Jun 10, 2019, at 04:39, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Jose,

I would like to have some of these please. Please keep me in the loop as to  how you proceed.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:13 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Stuffing box drainage path

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas

Ipanema SM2K 278

Boston

<image001.jpg><image002.jpg> 

Mark Erdos

Jose,

I would like to have some of these please. Please keep me in the loop as to  how you proceed.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:13 PM

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas

Ipanema SM2K 278

Boston

Stephen Davis

Hi Jose,

I’d also be interested in some of these seals, as water intrusion in spite of good bow thruster maintenance has been an on going problem for us. On our 31 day passage from Panama to Hawaii we had fairly bad leakage, and I built a mountain of modeling clay I had on hand around the shaft to stop it. That will completely stop the inflow for about 10 days until the clay gets saturated, and you have to pull it off and put some more on. I’d recommend everyone keep some on board for emergency repairs on long passages, as it beats the heck out of bailing water several times a day. The best solution might be your new seals, and I’d love to give them a try. 

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Ko Olina, Hawaii

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:59 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jose,

I too am interested in the source and part number.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi Jose,

In your original email you write of  having bought two seals and " installing them". Presumably you only installed one, replacing the 60-80-12 that Amel fitted ?

Incidentally, to save you the  hassle of buying  a number of seals and then sending  them on, I'm happy to buy direct, in which case could you let me have the part number ?
 Equally, I'm happy to add to your own order if that helps to speed up supply.

Thanks,

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...>
Sent: 10 June 2019 07:46

Hi Jose,

This solution sounds really useful. We are definitely interested. Please contact me on    penazen@... so we can arrange payment and post.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas=icloud.com@groups.io>
Sent: 10 June 2019 02:12

Dear friends:

After I bought Ipanema 10  years ago we had two years of struggle trying to prevent the leak of water through the bow thruster.  About 8 years ago we had a long discussion on this forum about the bow truster seals which I had changed several times following all the recommendations given by Amel, including adding a third bottom donut seal to increase the pressure.  It was all at no avail.  So, before our transatlantic on 2012 I came up with a brute force solution adding an extra removable sealing system that was wrapped around the shaft and had to be secured after the bow thruster was fully retracted.  This worked very well during the trans Atlantic passage (not a single drop of water) and gave me the security of knowing that in addition of the sealing effect, the shaft was being held by one redundant mechanism. 
My interpretation of the problem was that due to uneven wearing of the surfaces that guide the bow thruster up and down motion, it resulted in a misalignment between the shaft and the sealing surfaces.  This misalignment  caused a small deviation  of the shaft from the centerline which pushed the lip seal sideways and, because the Amel recommended seals are made of a hard material, it opened a point of water entry. 
I proceeded to test my hypothesis and ordered two special seals made of silicone from a soft seal manufacturer (SSP Inc).  It took several months to get them due to the small number of units I ordered (just 2) but, after I installed them three years ago, I had no more leaks and my bilge has been dry ever since.  The cost for the two seals was $72.50 and, more importantly I have not had to change them or the donut seals since I installed them. I have checked them and the donut seals and they are all still in good shape.

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

<UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17976.jpeg><UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_17977.jpeg> 

Jose,

I too am interested in the source and part number.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:35 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi Jose,

In your original email you write of  having bought two seals and " installing them". Presumably you only installed one, replacing the 60-80-12 that Amel fitted ?

Incidentally, to save you the  hassle of buying  a number of seals and then sending  them on, I'm happy to buy direct, in which case could you let me have the part number ?

Thanks,

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...>

Hi Jose,

This solution sounds really useful. We are definitely interested. Please contact me on    penazen@... so we can arrange payment and post.

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas=icloud.com@groups.io>

Dear friends:

After I bought Ipanema 10  years ago we had two years of struggle trying to prevent the leak of water through the bow thruster.  About 8 years ago we had a long discussion on this forum about the bow truster seals which I had changed several times following all the recommendations given by Amel, including adding a third bottom donut seal to increase the pressure.  It was all at no avail.  So, before our transatlantic on 2012 I came up with a brute force solution adding an extra removable sealing system that was wrapped around the shaft and had to be secured after the bow thruster was fully retracted.  This worked very well during the trans Atlantic passage (not a single drop of water) and gave me the security of knowing that in addition of the sealing effect, the shaft was being held by one redundant mechanism. 
My interpretation of the problem was that due to uneven wearing of the surfaces that guide the bow thruster up and down motion, it resulted in a misalignment between the shaft and the sealing surfaces.  This misalignment  caused a small deviation  of the shaft from the centerline which pushed the lip seal sideways and, because the Amel recommended seals are made of a hard material, it opened a point of water entry. 
I proceeded to test my hypothesis and ordered two special seals made of silicone from a soft seal manufacturer (SSP Inc).  It took several months to get them due to the small number of units I ordered (just 2) but, after I installed them three years ago, I had no more leaks and my bilge has been dry ever since.  The cost for the two seals was $72.50 and, more importantly I have not had to change them or the donut seals since I installed them. I have checked them and the donut seals and they are all still in good shape.

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Hi Jose,

Thanks,

Hi Jose,

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas@...>

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi Jose,
Thank you for the post and R&D work. I would like one as well. By the way what is the blue stuff? Please contact me at clacey9@....
Best regards
Chuck 

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:46 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hi Jose,

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

Hi Jose,

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas@...>

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

Jose Venegas

Dear friends:

Cheers,

Jose Gabriel Venegas
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi kent I wish.

Danny

On 09 June 2019 at 15:19 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Well, that makes sense...duh?  lol
I guess that’s why they pay you the big bucks, eh?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:45 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS < simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

try healing on the opposite tack and bringing the water back to the middle. Lay some sponges there to catch it before it disappears to the other side

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 09 June 2019 at 10:32 "karkauai via Groups.Io" < karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks Danny.  I’ve tried that and if I twist into a pretzel and stand on my head I can get most of it on the starboard side, but not even close on the port side.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

On Jun 8, 2019, at 3:50 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS < simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

I have a paddle wheel speed transducer that I swap for a blank when I leave the boat on the mooring to avoid it getting clogged up with marine growth. The swap always results in a few litres of water. I have a large sponge I use to mop it up and transfer it to the shower drain. A long arm on that sponge might reach behind the stringer, or if the arm is too short, extend it by tying  the sponge to a stick.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 09 June 2019 at 05:14 "karkauai via Groups.Io" < karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,
If it’s leaking when we set out, I fix it.  If it starts leaking while on passage, (and it has done this twice in 10 years), I’ve just kept an eye on it until I get to port.  Both times it wasn’t a lot of water, but enough that I pumped it into the shower when it got to be a few liters..  that was still enough to get some outboard of the stringers when close-hauled.  Once in port I do the seal changes.

If anyone has ideas about how to remove the water that gets outboard of the stringers, I’m all ears.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Jun 8, 2019, at 10:00 AM, karkauai via Groups.Io < karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark.  I guess they drilled through the shower pan into the space below?  I have an alarm but have to pump by hand or with a 24v hand-held Pump.  So far the worst it’s been was 3-4 liters that collect in a couple of places that I can get to.  Some water collects outboard of the stringers if we’re heeled over, and there’s no way to get it out. I’d like to collect it in the forward cabin just aft of the bow thruster and pipe it directly into the drainage system that drains the forward AC condensate.
Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:52 PM, Mark Erdos < mcerdos@...> wrote:

Kent,

I think Cream Puff was retrofitted. We have a pump in the area that collects water from the leaking bow-thruster area connected to a sensor and alarm. When the sensor kicks in the alarm sounds and the pump automatically pumps the water into the forward head shower pan that obviously makes its way to the bilge. The alarm can be silenced for those trips when the bow thruster seriously need new seals.

I particularly like this set up because no modification was made to the watertight bulkhead.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 7:09 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io

Can that change be retrofitted to a 1999 SM?

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:11 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Gary 

Late model SM Bow Thrusters do capture any sea water seepage and drain that to the gray water bilge. This change was done sometime in 2003.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019, 6:40 PM Gary Wells <gary@...> wrote:

My bow thruster will not leak to an exit to the bilge.  It will be stopped at the forward head where it must be dealt with manually.  If you have a situation where seawater has a direct path to the the engine room bilge (other than the anchor locker), I would say that it's not original (or I didn't read your statement correctly). ..  

Having a water alarm next to the rudder quadrant is a great idea.  I just have to hoist the bed once a month while we're parked, once a day while we are underway.

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

James Alton

If you provide a path, water will flow to the lowest part of the bilge.  This does not have to be a limber hole though that is the fastest form of transport. ,You can  use something absorbent to form a wick that siphons the water slowly from the pool up higher to the lower bilge.  Fill a bucket half full and stick part of the towel into the bucket and lay the rest of the floor...

James

On Jun 9, 2019, at 12:19 AM, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:45 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

try healing on the opposite tack and bringing the water back to the middle. Lay some sponges there to catch it before it disappears to the other side

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 09 June 2019 at 10:32 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Thanks Danny.  I’ve tried that and if I twist into a pretzel and stand on my head I can get most of it on the starboard side, but not even close on the port side.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

Hi Kent,

I have a paddle wheel speed transducer that I swap for a blank when I leave the boat on the mooring to avoid it getting clogged up with marine growth. The swap always results in a few litres of water. I have a large sponge I use to mop it up and transfer it to the shower drain. A long arm on that sponge might reach behind the stringer, or if the arm is too short, extend it by tying  the sponge to a stick.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Hi Danny,
If it’s leaking when we set out, I fix it.  If it starts leaking while on passage, (and it has done this twice in 10 years), I’ve just kept an eye on it until I get to port.  Both times it wasn’t a lot of water, but enough that I pumped it into the shower when it got to be a few liters..  that was still enough to get some outboard of the stringers when close-hauled.  Once in port I do the seal changes.

If anyone has ideas about how to remove the water that gets outboard of the stringers, I’m all ears.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Thanks Mark.  I guess they drilled through the shower pan into the space below?  I have an alarm but have to pump by hand or with a 24v hand-held Pump.  So far the worst it’s been was 3-4 liters that collect in a couple of places that I can get to.  Some water collects outboard of the stringers if we’re heeled over, and there’s no way to get it out. I’d like to collect it in the forward cabin just aft of the bow thruster and pipe it directly into the drainage system that drains the forward AC condensate.
Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent,

I think Cream Puff was retrofitted. We have a pump in the area that collects water from the leaking bow-thruster area connected to a sensor and alarm. When the sensor kicks in the alarm sounds and the pump automatically pumps the water into the forward head shower pan that obviously makes its way to the bilge. The alarm can be silenced for those trips when the bow thruster seriously need new seals.

I particularly like this set up because no modification was made to the watertight bulkhead.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Late model SM Bow Thrusters do capture any sea water seepage and drain that to the gray water bilge. This change was done sometime in 2003.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

My bow thruster will not leak to an exit to the bilge.  It will be stopped at the forward head where it must be dealt with manually.  If you have a situation where seawater has a direct path to the the engine room bilge (other than the anchor locker), I would say that it's not original (or I didn't read your statement correctly). ..  

Having a water alarm next to the rudder quadrant is a great idea.  I just have to hoist the bed once a month while we're parked, once a day while we are underway.

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

karkauai

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

On Jun 8, 2019, at 9:45 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Hi Danny,

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Hi Danny,

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

karkauai

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

On Jun 8, 2019, at 3:50 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 09 June 2019 at 05:14 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kent,

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 09 June 2019 at 05:14 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

karkauai

Hi Danny,

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Jun 8, 2019, at 10:00 AM, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:52 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

karkauai

Sounds good, Bill.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:06 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Kent,

Let's add this to our agenda when we meet on your boat in July.

An identical retrofit would be difficult, but I've got an idea and a plan, which doesn't include pumps or bulkhead modifications. We can possibly do the modifications while I am there, then share it with everyone. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 6:09 PM karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

karkauai

Has anyone tried that?
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Jun 7, 2019, at 8:52 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Kent,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

Gary 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Maryland, USA

Craig & Kathrine,

Can't say if you've guessed right--my lips are as sealed as our stuffing box......

Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Craig Briggs via Groups.Io <sangaris@...>
Sent: 08 June 2019 10:26

Judy & Ian -
Let me guess: It's the same answer I give when people ask if I've been sailing all my life ......, "Not Yet!"
Cheers, Craig & Katherine, SN68 Sangaris