Topics

Question about the Amel bow thruster removal tool

Mark Erdos

Willem,

You can find step by step instructions in the files section: https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/files/Bow%20Thruster%20Maintenance

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

Date: Monday, June 10, 2019, 2:16 AM

Dear Amelians,

I have to remove the foot of the bow thruster while in the
water and was happy to found on board the Amel special tool
to do the job. Comparing the version I have with the
photo's on this website I notice that mine is a little
different. A stainless steel end to slide into the tube with
two much bigger holes. Too big for setscrews. How to connect
this version to the tube? May be this is a stupid question,
but I really don't have an idea. Are there Amel owners
with the same version? Please have a look at the attached
picture.

Willem Kroes

SM #351 KAVANGA
At anchor near Preveza in Greece